Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm done - thanks to all!
I would be remiss if I didn't post a thank you to all forum posters/members. I (re)started my educational journey this year AFTER stumbling upon this forum. For 20+ years, I had so many regrets over not staying in college. Every year I would think to myself "this is the year I go back". But then a demanding full-time job and then a family with children derailed that thought every time it came to my mind.

Back to my thanks. I absolutely would NOT have gone back to college if it wasn't for the knowledge and advice shared by all. Besides the information, you were also a great motivating factor for me. When life and studying became too overwhelming, I would open up the forum and back to the books I went.

My story:
Started with 6 b&m credits from a long time ago. Joined IC in May '12. With a combination of FEMA, Aleks, Straighterline, ECE, Penn Foster, DSST, CLEP, and one class from TESC, I PASSED my last two DSSTs this morning and will be submitting my graduation paperwork on Friday! I would not have known about the other ways to earn credit if it wasn't for this forum. Did I already say thanks?! I also wasn't planning to complete by end of December but once it appeared to be within my grasp, I just went for it by studying for many hours a day.

Today was the most difficult day of my journey but it was worth it. I saved the hardest DSSTs for last (my advice, don't do that!). I went back to back this morning starting with Money and Banking and then after a 5 minute break, started on Business Law II. The M&B didn't go off without a hitch as my test crashed after my first question and was only fixed two hours later so my resolve and nerves were tested even before I started.

I'm going to let my (fried) brain rest for a day or two and then I will start thinking about Grad School...... As my son would say "you guys rock". (this forum rocks too!)
Congrats!!! Well done!! I just started my journey and cannot wait to post the same thing you just did. But I agree.....it's like a great group of friends here that has helped me and guided me so much already! Good Luck with your new degree!
Congrats, and God Speed!!!
Congratulations! Look at all that you have accomplished in just 6 months!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Thanks for the kind words. In case there were other "lurkers" out there like me reading these forums for advice and guidance, I wanted to let them know that they CAN do this too!! This forum has been a wealth of information......
Congrats are in order! :hurray:
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

This site is a great resource even if you do not post. I read quite a few posts as a lurker before chiming in with a well-researched question. Great job.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Congratulations!!! :hurray: That's an amazing accomplishment in such a short amount of time. I hope you'll stay here a bit longer and share your grad school plans and experiences with us.
What great news!
Let us know how your job prospects go!
Started Dec 2012 ~ BSBA Human Resource and Org Management TESC

YAY!!!! OCT 24th = DONE!!!!!!

Straighterline Courses: American History I 83%, American History II 79% Accounting I 81%, Accounting II 83%, Macro 77 %, Micro 84%,World Religions 83%, Business Law 74%, Business Ethics 78%, Organizational Behavior 78%, Intro to business 85%, Business Communications 86%
Clep: Principles of management 64, Intro to marketing 53,
DSST: Bus in Society 442 / Principles of Supervison 453 / Money and Banking 55
Penn Foster: HR management 96%, Compensation Management 88%, Emp Benefits 89%, training concepts 96%, Strategic Management 90%, Principles of Finance 82%
ALEKS: Intro To Statistics 72%, Pre-Calc 70%
TESC : Org Theory DONE~ 89%
TEEX Cybersecurity for everyone ~ Business Elective ~ 85%