Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm already burnt out
(09-04-2023, 01:21 AM)pluggingalong Wrote: I'm not sure what RA means, though I know UL is Upper Level. With the few classes that transferred, and the ones I've so far this semester, I've mostly completed all the core classes except the English Composition one. I've done math, science, government, health, etc. My remaining classes are basically all related to my major (SWE). Most of the IT majors I could transfer to, and not have wasted any effort on my completed classes. 

I noticed Sophia had some emphasis on classwork and quizzes, so the final was not 100% of the grade. That might be helpful to me, as I do classwork quickly.

I've completed these:

Orientation – ORA1

English Composition I – TBP1
Literature, Arts and the Humanities: Analysis and Interpretation – IWT1
Literature, Arts and the Humanities – IWC1

Foundations of College Mathematics – AGC1
College Algebra – C278
Applied Probability and Statistics – C955

American Politics and the US Constitution – C963

Geography – BVC1

Introduction to Physics Lab – UBT1
Natural Science Lab – C683

Health, Fitness, and Wellness – C458

IT Fundamentals I – WFV1
Scripting and Programming - Foundations – D278
Introduction to Programming in Python – D335
Web Development Foundations – D276

Do you have any other college credits that you have not listed above? Any you may have earned outside WGU, but just didn't apply towards their program? If so you should list them as well (best if in the format shown here - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid335173)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • pluggingalong
I'm going to switch from Software Engineering to the generic BSIT. It has certs, which I still don't like, but not too many. I will try to do them while enrolled, even though it adds a lot of stress for me. Other than the certs, the BSIT classes look like regular WGU college classes. I assume my progress in BSIT will be about the same as BSSE. I worked a long time as a programmer, and want to try other things. The BSSE degree seemed like it was going to set me up for more of the same. I would rather get a BSIT and then get a couple of certs after the degree. Maybe cloud, security, or AI certs. It's probably better for someone to get a degree aimed exactly at what they want to do, but I change my mind too much to pick one.
Change is alright, you're still going into IT or staying in that field... I would focus on courses that would transfer into both degree programs, you should create a spreadsheet to match the two programs and see which courses you can transfer. I would take the Sophia.org and Study.com, plus whatever else to max both options. When you enroll at WGU, you can then decide which one suits you more when the time comes...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • pluggingalong
Is the CompTIA A+ certification part of the Data Analytics degree? I swear it use to be, but I don't see it on the website or degree plan PDF. I do see it on the Mirhaheze wiki, but not on the Makador spreadsheet.
(10-25-2023, 05:00 AM)pluggingalong Wrote: Is the CompTIA A+ certification part of the Data Analytics degree?  I swear it use to be, but I don't see it on the website or degree plan PDF.  I do see it on the Mirhaheze wiki, but not on the Makador spreadsheet.

No, WGU finally removed A+ from degrees where it made no sense, like Data Analytics, Computer Science, and Software Engineering:

https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/da...html#certs

I believe the wiki page you're referring to is actually for the old version of the DA degree - "Data Management" - which is no longer offered by WGU:

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • pluggingalong
I'm excited again to be in school. I'm switching from BSSE to BSDA, and will stay enrolled instead of dropping out and taking BSIT classes at Sophia/SDC. I've been looking for a program that would lead to jobs I want to try, and reviewed all the WGU majors. It came down to choosing Mixed Cloud or Data Analytics. I've had a lifelong interest in AI, so I went with BSDA. I've worked for many years as a software developer and system manager in high-stress front-line jobs. As I finish my career, I want to do something less stressful, and more fun and creative.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pluggingalong's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Cool, Data Analytics/Science is what I am looking at as well, especially when Coursera/Edx has some freebies (certificates) going on right now... I added those to my profile and working on them for now...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • pluggingalong
I'm in Analytics Intro course. I am super excited to be working on this major (Data Analytics), but I get depressed whenever I read the online material, because I can never remember it. So far, the intro course is all reading ebooks. I read all this stuff and it just becomes an ocean of letters scrolling by on the screen. I take a quiz, and its like I never read the material. I'm good at guessing, but it would be better if I could remember the answers. The only way for me to memorize the material is to right it down, and then I remember it more like a photograph. I am better at reading something, then doing something with it, then reading some more, and doing something with that. Reading, reading, reading, doesn't work for me. I signed up for another semester, so I will keep going.
Have you checked to see if anyone has made Quizlets for the material? If you sign up for a paid Quizlet account, it's more than just flashcards/quizzes. It might be worth trying for a month to see if it works for you.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • housecat, origamishuttle, pluggingalong
(11-14-2023, 11:06 PM)pluggingalong Wrote: I'm in Analytics  Intro course. I am super excited to be working on this major (Data Analytics), but I get depressed whenever I read the online material, because I can never remember it. So far, the intro course is all reading ebooks. I read all this stuff and it just becomes an ocean of letters scrolling by on the screen. I take a quiz, and its like I never read the material. I'm good at guessing, but it would be better if I could remember the answers. The only way for me to memorize the material is to right it down, and then I remember it more like a photograph.  I am better at reading something, then doing something with it, then reading some more, and doing something with that. Reading, reading, reading, doesn't work for me. I signed up for another semester, so I will keep going.

You might try making flash cards as you read the material. Just the act of writing the questions and answers may help cement the info in your mind.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 3 users Like davewill's post:
  • indigoshuffle, pluggingalong, rachel83az