Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm all done! Woo-hoo!
TinHead Wrote:I just opened my inbox and saw:

"Congratulations! Your records have been audited and you are now a Charter Oak State College graduate!"

Thank you for everybody who helped me along the way on the forum. I couldn't have done it without you.

I never thought I would be a university graduate. I started my schooling in January of 2015 at the ripe old age of 29 and vividly remember wanting to throw in the towel before I even began. I was getting driven to Bufalo, NY to complete Micro/Marcoeconomics CLEP's and was so nervous I almost didn't sleep the night before. Thankfully I persevered (and was relentless in my pursuit) and now with this degree I can move on to the better things in life.

I had been working a dead-end job as a secuirty guard since I was 18 because I had no formal education and almost all the jobs that I could apply for had a requirement for a degree. I had resigned myself to a life of lack, but thankfully that is no longer an issue.

If a non-motivated Canadian (living in Canada) can get a degree from a US University -- ANYBODY can!

Now let's go take on the world!!!

Congratulations!! I'm working on my BSLA through Excelsior and targeting to be completed after the capstone course starting at the end of this month. Therefore, I'm about 3 months out to completion. Thanks for sharing!!
This is fantastic news! Congratulations! cheersmate
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
To both of you who are graduating: Are you planning on a Masters? If so, which one?
I should have directed this to both barneyfife and tinhead...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Excellent job! Congrats. Loved watching your progress.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
bjcheung77 Wrote:To both of you who are graduating: Are you planning on a Masters? If so, which one?

Not for me. I am happy with only a Bachelor's degree and will not be pursuing anything above it. I will, however, be continuing my education (with the Treehouse.com "Tech Degree") so I can get into computer programming as a career.

I was also just hired tonight with an online ESL company (where a Bachelor's is a requirement) that is an immediate 94% raise from my current wage, working from the comfort of my home.

So happy I got this degree!!!!!
Completed BSc in Business Administration (COSC) May 31st, 2017

(Study.com) Psychology 101 / Psychology 102 / US History 1 / Principles of Management / Western Civilization II / Environmental Science 101 / Psychology 103 / US History 2 / Geology 101 / Earth Science / Psychology 107 / Political Science 102 / Sociology 101 / Principles of Marketing / Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Principles of Finance
(Saylor) Business Law and Ethics
(DSST) Vietnam War / World Religions / Business Ethics and Society / Technical Writing / Management Information Systems
(CLEP) Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / English Literature / American Literature / College Composition
(UExcel) Human Resource Management / Research Methods in Psychology / World Population / Labor Relations / Psychology of Adulthood & Aging / Social Psychology / BioEthics / Organizational Behavior
(COSC) Conerstone / Capstone
(Straighterline) Intro to Communications / Biology Lab / Business Statistics
bjcheung77 Wrote:To both of you who are graduating: Are you planning on a Masters? If so, which one?

I am not sure yet about the masters. I may do an mba, but I am currently enjoying being done with the bachelors.

Quote: I was also just hired tonight with an online ESL company (where a Bachelor's is a requirement) that is an immediate 94% raise from my current wage, working from the comfort of my home.

So happy I got this degree!!!!!

Amazing!!! So glad the degree is already paying off.