Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am Done .."My Strong"
I have waited for what seems like Eternity to Post ...." I am done".
Even though I wrote my last Exam on Monday I was not sure if I had the courage to come and write on IC and declare to the world I am done...because of the shame that I would have been done with this degree like two to three years ago.

But then I remembered how one guy a year ago wrote he was “Done” with his degree after 15 years of trying and truth be told every time I convinced myself I will just never get a degree and should give up...that one Post I read kept me try one more Exam. So I though just maybe one person ready to give me may relate to what I went through

When I first posted on IC, I was so excited, loved it moved through Exams and I was doing great. Then life hit me, I had a life crisis suffered depression because of some person issues I was facing, was hospitalized and for a moment I lost my memory. And Life as I knew it changed...dreams shattered and all.

Then by God's grace I recovered, with one exception; there was No fire to study in me. I came here to read posts about people's success because in the past I always got encouraged from that...but lol and behold instead of being encouraged I found myself depressed because I just could not find the discipline and strength to study and finish 12 credit units I was left with before getting my degree ....Imagine 12 credits and just no Zeal and felt more hopeless than I was when I had Zero credit to my name.

I rescheduled the Clep Humanities over 20 times in a course of 6 Months....until about two months ago I just gave up on it all.
The morning I gave up I told myself I would give up in style. I won’t just quite I was going to write the Humanities and just fail it than say I quite. That morning I went to the test center ready to write and fail Humanities. But before the exam I quickly looked at posts from people who wrote the exam before goggled what they said.

And to my shock I had a 56 pass with 6 credits under me ....meaning 6 more left...Without even thinking I called a local college enrolled in my worst nightmare course Math approved by Excelsior. Finished that Math Class with a B then wrote Race to Save the Earth Dantes again simply used everyone advice got a 58 and "Here I stand" not knowing whether to Cry, scream, be ashamed or Happy.....with all this boring writing I wrote to Say IC is the Best thing that ever happened to me...I have said it before and I will say it again. Thank You so much everyone I would never have achieved this life dream without you and “IC”

PS...As soon as my Diploma is processed I am going for a second degree in Information Technology then my Masters.

Need I say it again “I am done” it took me a life time; nevertheless “I am Done!”

Mapalo
Hi Mapalo!

You would not believe how happy I am to read this! (I am actually crying!) You are one of the first people on this forum whose posts made an impression on me. I remember following your progress. Lately, I have been concerned because I had not seen you here in such a long time. I am so sorry to learn what a struggle this has been, but....

Hooray! You got through it and now you have finished your degree!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Thank you for posting this. What an inspiration!!

Congratulations!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
Congrats !!!

Your story is truly inspirational and I am positive it will help others who read it.

I am so happy for you !!!
Huge congrats!! Life happens, and almost never when we want it to. But you still found it within you to push on and succeed.

Cheers! cheersmate
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Oh, you so deserve this. What an inspiring story.

How sad it would have been to always say "I almost got a college degree, just a couple of classes short"

Many people will read your post in the years to come and know that no mattter what, just take one more step....the end will come.

Celebrate your happy day !!

Jodie:hurray:
[SIZE="4"]Congratulations!! [/SIZE]

You should be so proud of what you've accomplished! WAY TO GO!!! cheersmate
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
mapalo Wrote:I have waited for what seems like Eternity to Post ...." I am done".
Even though I wrote my last Exam on Monday I was not sure if I had the courage to come and write on IC and declare to the world I am done...because of the shame that I would have been done with this degree like two to three years ago.

But then I remembered how one guy a year ago wrote he was “Done” with his degree after 15 years of trying and truth be told every time I convinced myself I will just never get a degree and should give up...that one Post I read kept me try one more Exam. So I though just maybe one person ready to give me may relate to what I went through

When I first posted on IC, I was so excited, loved it moved through Exams and I was doing great. Then life hit me, I had a life crisis suffered depression because of some person issues I was facing, was hospitalized and for a moment I lost my memory. And Life as I knew it changed...dreams shattered and all.

Then by God's grace I recovered, with one exception; there was No fire to study in me. I came here to read posts about people's success because in the past I always got encouraged from that...but lol and behold instead of being encouraged I found myself depressed because I just could not find the discipline and strength to study and finish 12 credit units I was left with before getting my degree ....Imagine 12 credits and just no Zeal and felt more hopeless than I was when I had Zero credit to my name.

I rescheduled the Clep Humanities over 20 times in a course of 6 Months....until about two months ago I just gave up on it all.
The morning I gave up I told myself I would give up in style. I won’t just quite I was going to write the Humanities and just fail it than say I quite. That morning I went to the test center ready to write and fail Humanities. But before the exam I quickly looked at posts from people who wrote the exam before goggled what they said.

And to my shock I had a 56 pass with 6 credits under me ....meaning 6 more left...Without even thinking I called a local college enrolled in my worst nightmare course Math approved by Excelsior. Finished that Math Class with a B then wrote Race to Save the Earth Dantes again simply used everyone advice got a 58 and "Here I stand" not knowing whether to Cry, scream, be ashamed or Happy.....with all this boring writing I wrote to Say IC is the Best thing that ever happened to me...I have said it before and I will say it again. Thank You so much everyone I would never have achieved this life dream without you and “IC”

PS...As soon as my Diploma is processed I am going for a second degree in Information Technology then my Masters.

Need I say it again “I am done” it took me a life time; nevertheless “I am Done!”

Mapalo

That's the way it goes sometimes Mapalo. We always get the strength to persevere though. Congrats! You earned it! :hurray:
Very inspirational story!!! Great job!!!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
NAP Wrote:Hi Mapalo!

You would not believe how happy I am to read this! (I am actually crying!) You are one of the first people on this forum whose posts made an impression on me. I remember following your progress. Lately, I have been concerned because I had not seen you here in such a long time. I am so sorry to learn what a struggle this has been, but....

Hooray! You got through it and now you have finished your degree!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Nap thank you so much the thought that someone even thought what happened to me is a testament of how great IC is...And to everyone "you word kind words means alot to me....I now think I have a great reason to celebrate....Thank you for sharing this special turning point of my life

Mapalo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Math CLEP vs. Statistics DSST if not strong in math... S.Tesla 6 2,131 05-23-2019, 06:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  MS Vouchers Still Going Strong? Doodlebabe 4 1,447 11-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Doodlebabe