Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many have you tried at once?
I'm curious to know how many CLEP/DSST/Equivalent tests that one may have studied for and taken at one time? Obviously, I don't necessarily mean in one day, but scenarios such as: I paid for X # of exams, studied, and took all of said tests within X time frame. I'm curious to know how brave someone might have been and if it paid off.
I took 4 exams in 1 day - Principles of Management CLEP and Principles of Marketing CLEP - planned to take both that day, and did very minimal studying - then after I finished quickly, I decided to take Intro to Computers DSST, and after I finished quickly, then took Personal Finance DSST. The testing center is far, my mom was homeschooling my kids, and I wanted to make the most of the time I had!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
xrep08 Wrote:I'm curious to know how many CLEP/DSST/Equivalent tests that one may have studied for and taken at one time? Obviously, I don't necessarily mean in one day, but scenarios such as: I paid for X # of exams, studied, and took all of said tests within X time frame. I'm curious to know how brave someone might have been and if it paid off.
Well, I took 3 DSST in one day from a PAPER BASED testing center (feel my pain). I took and passed Drug and Alcohol Abuse and Technical Writing. The third one of the set, Civil War and Reconstruction was my only fail - and it happened on that day. Besides major hand cramps, I seriously still don't think it was too bad- I don't blame my fail on overload, I really don't think I was properly prepared for that test.
I did 2 clep and 1 dsst all in one day. 100% pass rate.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Maxed out at 3: Introduction to Computing (nice walk in the park) Principles of Marketing (are they giving away credits?) & then the TKO brain zapper for me Analyzing and Interpreting Literature. It felt like I was in a time machine teaching one of my kids how to read - literally could barely keep my eyes open. Just on mental focus strain alone I was not a fan of this 'easy' exam Wink
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Thanks for the replies everyone! Looks like 3 might be the magic maximum for a short time period.
A special shout out to whoever thought AP English Lit in the morning and AP French Lit that afternoon, all paper-based, was a good idea. Wink
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:A special shout out to whoever thought AP English Lit in the morning and AP French Lit that afternoon, all paper-based, was a good idea. Wink

Was it Satan? (in my best 1987 "church lady" voice)
If I recall correctly, they also thought AP World History the next day was a fabulous idea. #notsomuch
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits