Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long does WVNCC take to do an eval?
I applied on 3/7, got the welcome letter on 3/10, and started sending my transcripts on 3/15. I've gotten notification from the transcript companies that they started being received by the school 3/16-3/21.

Now, how long before stuff starts to populate in my online account at WVNCC?

And, I only sent my 4 college transcripts (75cr) in, but none of my ACE credits. Do I have to send those if I think I'll meet all the requirements through college courses only? Is it a requirement? I didn't list ACE on my application.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I know neither of us are fans of AA degrees. I'm wondering why you are getting the AAS? I'm working on getting one for a family member who is unlikely to earn a BA/BS in the near future.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
dfrecore Wrote:I applied on 3/7, got the welcome letter on 3/10, and started sending my transcripts on 3/15. I've gotten notification from the transcript companies that they started being received by the school 3/16-3/21.

Now, how long before stuff starts to populate in my online account at WVNCC?

And, I only sent my 4 college transcripts (75cr) in, but none of my ACE credits. Do I have to send those if I think I'll meet all the requirements through college courses only? Is it a requirement? I didn't list ACE on my application.

I had one of my students apply. They sent all transcripts and have not heard back yet. The reason this person is doing an AAS is because the Interior Design program they were in folded. So it's super important to this person to finish.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
TrailRunr Wrote:I know neither of us are fans of AA degrees. I'm wondering why you are getting the AAS? I'm working on getting one for a family member who is unlikely to earn a BA/BS in the near future.

I was kind of being a guinea pig, to see what this looks like and if it's as easy as everyone says to get it. I have 75 traditional credits, so just wanted to see what would happen.

I don't really care about an AA much, especially if you have to pay for it (for instance I would NEVER recommend that someone pays the residency waiver at TESU to get one, that's nuts). But if it's practically free...
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Any updates? Applied myself.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

No update as of yet. I'm impatient, and there's nothing on their Northern Navigator portal that shows that they've received ANY transcripts, nothing has been updated, etc. So I'm sending an email today.
Thanks. Good luck, keep us updated. This program is pretty great. I am checking on a couple of their programs myself.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

My friend applied 2 months ago. Heard nothing left vm and email. Zero response.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
Maybe another guinea pig should try Pierpont to see if they're faster.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
I got my admission letter from Pierpont yesterday. They've already received my ACE transcript and should have an old CC transcript and CLEP transcript by now too. I sent a email today asking what / when I should hear and what the process is like.

I'll report when I know more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,224 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Question Why People Take SO LONG to Get Started? LevelUP 13 1,742 03-05-2022, 02:12 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Long-term Salaries after Graduation smartdegree 1 705 11-30-2021, 01:41 AM
Last Post: jch
  Short Hiatus to Long Sabbatical & Advice for Pre-Health Fields... bjcheung77 3 1,076 05-18-2020, 06:04 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Flash Cards to Remember More of What We Studied Long Term camjenks 7 1,262 04-26-2020, 11:52 AM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Bals how long to finish? SweetsugarNL 25 3,696 08-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  Culinary Arts for Life Long Learning Life Long Learning 9 1,972 12-30-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  how long does TESU keep your credits ? nyvrem 2 1,132 08-31-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: allvia
  DSST How long to send to University? walrus.paladin 7 3,828 08-28-2018, 03:21 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  How long to receive voucher? (Modern States) LeodisTaylor 1 2,651 09-19-2017, 03:06 PM
Last Post: quigongene