Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you do on ECE Adulthood?
Congrats on your 6 UL credits! And...............WELCOME!!!
ninjafirefighter Wrote:Took PoAA Yesterday and FoG today

Got B's on both of them.

Only used IC.

Thanks for the awesome tips, Ninja. How many percent of the IC Adulthood q's were you getting right on the day of the test?
ninjafirefighter Wrote:Took PoAA Yesterday and FoG today

Got B's on both of them.

Only used IC.

Spent about 24 hours total prep time for both of them. Study the cards for both as there is massive overlap.

Things to be aware of:
Know all the stages of grief
Be able to recognize what type of study is most appropriate (C-S, L, T-L) for different scenarios
Know dementia and how it is different from other stuff like back of your hand
FoG uses "How do adults feel when _____" Questions, so know the statistics

All in all, easy tests and grade depends on effort put into them.

Don't get stuck in quicksand on the tests, often times if you are stuck on a question mark it, and it will be answered in later questions.

Great job on the tests and thanks for the feedback.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
I was able to get 100% on all of them, however my grasp of some of the concepts and the trixy way they sometimes phrased the question left more then one correct answer in my mind.

C'est l'vive. One more and I am done. Going for World Pop on Monday. Don't have a good feeling about it because there is too much to cram into my head that is mathmatically significant.
ECE Sample Question #1 asks, "A 40 y.o. 1st-year college student could be considered old by which definition of age?" and credits "social" as the correct answer.

Yet, Cavanaugh's book (3rd edition, not 5th) claims it's "psychological" (pages 14-15). Go figure.

Well, I'm getting 95-100% on IC, did them several times. After being done with IC, I was only getting around 70% on Cavanaugh quizzes first-time-around (now 90-100%). Got 92% on the final online Cavanaugh's exam, though.

Read some summaries of his book.

Got 70% on ECE quiz from the study guide. I know, one only needs 52%+ for an A on this test, but does performance on ECE quiz accurately predict performance on the real thing? Am I adequately prepared for an A tomorrow, or should I reschedule?
traffic Wrote:...Got 70% on ECE quiz from the study guide. I know, one only needs 52%+ for an A on this test, but does performance on ECE quiz accurately predict performance on the real thing? Am I adequately prepared for an A tomorrow, or should I reschedule?

I've used the practice exams for two different ECE's and did better on the actual exam than the practice both times. I'm not sure how the scales compare between the two. I felt like the biggest benefit of taking the exams was to learn the answers to the questions that I missed on them. Each of my actual tests had several questions straight from the practice exams with minor changes in names or description. So I know I gained a few points from them.

I received an A on the PAA with knowing IC throughly and taking the practice exams.

You sound prepared from everything that you stated above. Best wishes for tomorrow!
Kate
BS Psychology

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Study Aids for ECE/UExcel Psych Adulthood & Aging? SuZQ2 8 985 05-21-2014, 12:32 AM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Psychology of Adulthood and Aging is UP sgloer 38 8,254 01-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  ECE - Psych of Adulthood and Aging - got a B GoodYellowDogs 2 581 08-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  Study Links for Adulthood & Gerontology lionfire 0 647 12-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Last Post: lionfire
  Adulthood and Aging ECE rmroberts 5 1,303 04-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Last Post: spassaffe
  Anyone taken Foundations of Gerontology or Psych of Adulthood and Aging? podmates7 0 614 08-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Last Post: podmates7
  psychology of adulthood and aging yallen1 0 625 03-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Last Post: yallen1
  adulthood and aging jsn_eby 0 851 11-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Last Post: jsn_eby
  Advice on Psychology of Adulthood and Aging yumeji 3 1,595 05-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Last Post: yumeji
  passed psy. of adulthood and aging thru excelsior newbernswiss 3 1,097 04-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Librevore