Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Versions of CLEP Tests?
Hello All,

I am currently wondering if there is any information on how many versions of CLEP Tests there is. Mainly what I am looking for is something like for the Sociology CLEP there is 3 versions of the test you can get. One has a large focus on "blank", one has a large focus on "blank" and so on. Not sure if this is something that may be discusses in the exam specific forums or if it can be discussed here. The reason I am looking into this information Is I am at a point right now where I am trying to earn as many credits as possible in the quickest amount of time so I just keep taking CLEP exams one after the other while going to school full time and working full time.

P.S - if anyone is really good at figuring out how to test out as much as possible for certain degrees PM me. I am trying to set myself up as best as possible to switch from a Associates Degree (Accounting) at Hudson Valley Community College to a Bachelor's Degree (Accounting) at The University at Albany (SUNY Albany).
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I don't think there are different versions of a test. Usually there are many questions in a test bank, and it randomly pulls questions from there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Like Dfrecore, everything I've ever read suggests that there is a pool of questions that the computer randomly chooses for your exam. So, the answer: zillions.
Also at any time they can be testing new questions for future test so you could get a new question that does not really count towards your grade.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
All of the exams are supposed to cover a similar percentage of the topics for the questions to give you some guidance on where to focus your studies. Here is an example:
https://clep.collegeboard.org/exam/american-government
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,804 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 673 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,189 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,049 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 1,173 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,823 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 1,156 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,451 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,389 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,633 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty