Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Guys, New to IC, trying for Intro to Psych First
Hey guys, I am trying to do Intro to Psych as my first test with instacert. Does anyone have any suggestions? So far I have the REA book and I know this software has flashcards... What are some of the other tools I should use from IC on this test. I would like to know if anyone knows what would be best for passing this test.. I am thinking about about just devoting tommorow afternoon and friday morning to studying and taking the test on friday afternoon.. Does anyone think that is too quick? Anyway, talk to you later.
I do think just 2 days is cutting the study a little short. Unless you have experience with the subject, that is not much time to absorb everything. Do try the Peterson test to gauge your readiness. You can search here for the free link.

Good Luck
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
What Linda said. 2 days is a short time for studying an unfamiliar subject, and ditto on the Petersons. I actually didn't use IC, I used this book. It's a great resource if you think you need more than IC.
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
ONe way is to try doing a 'search' of the threads. A heap of info. That and the 'specific' forum
Set yourself goals, not limitations
If you are a new member, you may not have located the Specific Exam Forum feedback area that everyone is referring to -- I had trouble finding it at first.

After you have signed in as a member the first time and chosen the discussion area, there is another sign in area in the right-hand corner. Once you have signed in again with the same information as the first time, you will see a new forum appear (went from 3 to 4) and the last one is the Specific Exam Feedback Forum. Click on that area. Again, look toward the right and you will see a second search area that allows you to search that specific forum for information. Put in Intro to Pscyh and you will get lots of information to review. In fact, it might be LOTS of information Smile Suggest you start from the latest and move backwards. Often other member suggest additional material to research other than what is in the IC cards and/or suggested texts that may help.

2 days is really cutting it tight for most of us! Suggest you take a little more time for your first one and figure out what works best for you. Ultimately, you will have to figure out what works for you.

But...most of these suggestions to you to take more time are because we don't want the next new thread you post to be about how you failed and how IC is no good. Ultimately, you cannot succeed if you do not invest the time necessary to learn the information.

Good Luck and remember we are more than willing to help you, where and when we can.

Judy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 1,301 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,368 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Thanks guys. From nothing to masters in 1 calandar year. Clepking100 13 1,992 03-01-2021, 05:19 PM
Last Post: LongRoad
  Should I go for COSC BS Health Studies or TESU BA Psych? mcorye91 15 2,496 12-28-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post: mcorye91
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,609 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Human Services vs Psych natshar 7 2,183 03-22-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SL Intro to Nutrition High_Order1 6 1,720 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Is there a current REA study guide for CLEP Educational Psych? S.Tesla 4 1,410 06-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Murdockb
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,367 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,432 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla