Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helping daughter with degree plan. Is my line of thinking correct?
(06-02-2023, 03:58 PM)allvia Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 02:38 PM)Dooj Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 10:39 AM)allvia Wrote: The path of least resistance (quick and easy to plan out) and cost (lowest) for your daughter would be the business administration (BABS) at UMPI. Even if she takes 3 sessions (many reported here complete in 2) it will be a lower cost than TESU. I would not recommend the BLS at her young age; her professional experience doesn't have enough years on the resume/VS to settle for a liberal studies (check the box) degree, and you already stated she wants a business degree (not 'any degree').

Thank you allvia, we will certainly be looking at the UMPI plan. Seems this is a god way to go but she will have to make the decision. 

Did you have a good experience at TESU?

I appreciate the feedback.

DoojPhysiology

I'm a very proud TESU alumni. It is still an excellent option for many students; especially certain degrees - such as Computer Science, Psychology, and other degree area of studies (AOS) not available through the other schools we discuss here. However, when I started this journey UMPI was not an option (and I'm certainly closer to your age than your daughter's). If it was I would be a (business admin) UMPI graduate today. For that matter, back then Sophia courses were very limited and $300 each(!). As you can see things change pretty quick in the alt credits/'Big3' affordable options talked about here - after all, I only graduated from TESU 5 years ago (and it was TESC, for College, just shortly before that). One of the best things the UMPI has going for it that TESU has also is that it is a state school. In the US state schools are never questioned as being 'legit' or not (although all the schools we recommend here are legitimate, whether private or public) - the public state school factor was important to me because of that. I did not want there to be any question. There is nothing wrong with SNHU, it may have a name that sounds like a state school - but it is not (it is a non-profit private university). The bachelor programs currently offered through UMPI's YourPace program are an amazing value right now (5 years from now, who knows what they'll offer, what credits they'll accept - these bargains are not guaranteed indefinitely, some of us long term forum members could write a book on the history of all the 'once upon a time you could...'but overall things are better, easier, and offer many more options now)

At 24, I'd suspect she would also like to just get this done, have it over with, and move on with her life - UMPI offers that as well as the bargain price.

Hey, if she really hustled and got it done with UMPI in a term or two - she'd still have money left over for the $3k HAU MBA. Again, wasn't around when I started my master. I do have a family member who was able to take advantage of it; another amazing deal we don't know how long it will last, but it's an option today.

Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018
Very good point about being state schools. Definitely a big plus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • Dooj

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 65 Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 158 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 136 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,724 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,551 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 213 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 624 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,077 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM