Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with the new MyProgress tool
Maybe I just haven't figured it out yet, but the MyProgress academic evaluation is much more confusing to know what has transferred in as what course.

Can someone please explain this to me?

See attached screenshot.  This is SDC "Criminal Justice 305: The Juvenile Justice System", which according to SDC transfer equivalencies posted it transfers as "AOJ-363 American Juvenile Justice System" for 3 upper level credits.  MyProgress has two lines now, one for "Noncourse/ACE" and one for "Fulfulled".  Did I get upper level credit for this or lower level for "SOC-2420"?

Many of my transfer courses that were in AOS Electives and Add'l AOS Electives are now in general Electives(which I'm over in, I believe, 29 units right now), leaving me with more AOS Electives to take compared to before the switch to MyProgress.  I'm not worried about it now, I still know what courses I need and I'll ask them about it when I am closer to being complete.  But is certainly isn't comforting seeing stuff switch around...

Attached Files
.png   Section F Juvenile Justice.PNG (Size: 42.72 KB / Downloads: 20)
My understanding of the way they are listing these (based on looking at my own courses) is:

Green - this is the course equivalent that you transferred and got credit for.
Blue - this is another course TESU offer as an option for this credit and they are showing that you have fulfilled this section so taking this course (or transferring and equivalent) would duplicate, you have not received credit for it.
B.A. Liberal Studies (Completed: 2015) - Thomas Edison State College
[-] The following 1 user Likes mog538's post:
  • jch
(10-19-2023, 09:39 PM)mog538 Wrote: My understanding of the way they are listing these (based on looking at my own courses) is:

Blue - this is another course TESU offer as an option for this credit and they are showing that you have fulfilled this section so taking this course (or transferring and equivalent) would duplicate, you have not received credit for it.

Thank you, your explanation makes sense.
(10-19-2023, 09:39 PM)mog538 Wrote: My understanding of the way they are listing these (based on looking at my own courses) is:

I don't think taking the Blue course would duplicate. That only happens if the number of the course equivalency matches the course. This is just the course TESU thought should go in this slot, and if you take it later, one of the courses will have to fit elsewhere in your degree plan.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Ahh, yes I wasn't clear on my wording there - I meant it would duplicate for that slot, but yes could fit elsewhere in the plan.
B.A. Liberal Studies (Completed: 2015) - Thomas Edison State College
Hmm, weird, I've been having issues viewing the My Progress tool for the last couple of days... not sure what's wrong, I tried on two laptops and it's stuck at loading the page. They mentioned a maintenance scheduled, but I don't see any messages at all, it's entirely blank...

Never mind, it's working now... For some reason there was such a delay... And while waiting, I noticed another thread created for this particular issue...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU launching MyProgress to replace Academic Evaluations jch 38 4,606 09-23-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Transfer Tool Ypsiterroir 6 1,379 07-05-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Ypsiterroir