Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me in the right direction [Environmental Sciences/Biology/Ecology]
dfrecore Wrote:I can't speak for EC and COSC, but I am very familiar with TESU.

The Environmental Studies degree would be expensive, and impossible to test out of - lots of courses that are hard to find there. Not impossible to do, you could do it all online through them, but I think you could find a cheaper option elsewhere.

The BA in Biology can be tested out of, but a lot of masters programs want your science courses to be butt-in-seat, which means that you would have to spend some time doing those courses.

A BA in Liberal Studies would be optimal, since it's totally available as a test-out degree, and very flexible.

I think the best thing for you to do is figure out what MA program you're interested in, and then see what the requirements are to get into the program. Do they want specific degrees? Do you need a certain GPA? How many graded credits do you have to have? This is an instance where you want to work backwards to get to the BA you should get. Then make sure you get exactly what they want.

Hi dfrecore,

I appreciate your answer, however, I don't mind doing courses. I want to start now to get a head start, but if I'm not finished by the time I get back to the US, that's okay, that was never the plan. I just need the courses to be online. Of course, they are gonna cost money. That's education, right?

As for my graded courses, look at my first post, I already added them. Most of my classes were As en Bs, so they should give me a GPA to start with.

I think for now, I might need some help with general education requirements, I'm missing. Even it's just 4 courses I'll do online through alternative credits, that's fine, then I already have those courses. I just need the right ones.

As for the master I wanna do, I don't know yet. Still searching, but they mostly do require sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, ... By but-in-seat courses, do you actually mean doing that in a traditional B&M college, where you go to class every week, of do online courses count as well?

Thanks,

Andrew

Messages In This Thread
Help me in the right direction [Environmental Sciences/Biology/Ecology] - by ForestDude - 10-19-2016, 01:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  International GCSE Sciences (EU/UK) Info bjcheung77 6 495 05-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 809 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Unity Environmental University explores campus sale amid online pivot bjcheung77 1 736 08-04-2023, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 696 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
  IU Applied Sciences - 50% off tuition until July 14 (online programs) bjcheung77 0 1,364 06-30-2022, 01:50 AM
  Environmental Engineering/Safety? Bioengineering? BS GoodYellowDogs 8 1,548 06-12-2021, 11:59 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Looking for an RA Online Biology II w Lab Fountains of Roses 10 1,928 02-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Cheap and Fast Online Biology Degrees mgmar22 2 1,820 01-09-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,433 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
  What to do with my post-bacc sciences and a word about them (med school).. MSK9 32 7,476 09-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Last Post: cookderosa