Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help finding a school and degree plan
Cool! You did the addendum and template; this is what I propose. You should go for all the non-proctored courses I am starting you off with:  Invest in a second monitor, start working on non-proctored courses from Sophia.  Link: Sophia.org Equivalency List

1) Sign up for Sophia.org, it's $99/month, I suggest trying to complete all of these and more within two months.  Complete the courses that transfer to institutions of your choice, it's all non-proctored, use the second monitor to review the e-books/pdf files.

2) Sign up for CSM Learn, https://www.smilabs.org/products/csmcourse
Wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/CSM_Learn
3) Sign up for (TADA) The American Dream Academy and complete all their offerings (ones for ACE credit, it's for the cert/experience/knowledge) Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

2 months Sophia.org: $99+$99
CSM Learn: $39
FREE TADA/Coursera - again, only work on ACE TADA options
FREE CLEP/ModernStates.org - if you need any courses to transfer
Subtotal: $237 (Amazingly affordable, a years worth of credits right there!)

1) Do the Pierpont BOG AAS with a minor of your choice, it can be Info Systems or something, the cost is just transcripts.
2) Take all the ACE recommended credit from Coursera/TADA, these will be used for both Pierpont and SNHU/TESU/UMPI/WGU requirements
Steps to get the BOG AAS on WIKI: Pierpont C&TC | Work on the ones that are TADA only: Coursera

3) After you have finished the Pierpont BOG AAS with emphasis and the Coursera/TADA certs for ACE credit, apply to SNHU/TESU/UMPI/WGU.
-Make sure to complete the Sophia.org courses such as Spanish I and also Study.com courses that go towards UMPI.
-When applying to UMPI, add the AALS as a second program (and forget the AALS).

At the end of the day, it's up to you to decide if the Pierpont BOG AAS with emphasis is worth the ROI/Value, I know both are.
They are well worth it as you get the AALS free without doing any extra work, and the BOG AAS for the cost of transcripts.

When you're done with these in a few months, update me and your final batch of courses will be through Study.com - Although not free, these will be $200/month for 2 courses, and for extra exams a month, $70/each.  To finish off the degrees, your last requirements are the residency courses from the institution you decide to go with.

*Side note* I always recommend 3 things, Certs, Degree, Experience. I suggest UMPI BLS MIS over SNHU/TESU/WGU, but just in case, you should decide after you complete your Sophia, CSM, TADA ACE credits.  Here's an example UMPI BLS spreadsheet with a triple minor: 300/400 level
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • bleedingpurple, omicreativedev

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help finding a school and degree plan - by bjcheung77 - 09-24-2022, 04:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  International Student UMPI Admission process and Degree Plan pedroso91 4 111 11 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pursuing CS Degree at 33 - starting from 0 MrPokey 14 817 10-25-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 15 1,267 10-24-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  UoPeople to UMPI - Seeking Advice on Completing Bachelor’s Degree Robotik 3 214 10-21-2024, 12:50 PM
  Degree plan advice - Impossible to realize hakjack 9 489 10-20-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 13 935 10-20-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  My UMPI accounting plan - tear it apart please drpaf 5 286 10-18-2024, 01:08 PM
  Please help for degree planning zyczycccc 5 360 10-17-2024, 04:04 PM
Last Post: zyczycccc
  Breaking Into Sales - Help With Getting a Bachelor’s Degree (Most Likely Business Adm AccountingForThis 8 356 10-17-2024, 01:15 PM
  Please help for degree planning Rabbitbunny 7 363 10-15-2024, 07:50 PM