Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Degree in IT
Shadow Chill Wrote:Thanks again I did not for a minute think my one post would provide a solution and I would be on my way, I realize I have quite a bit of research and work to do in order to plan for the degree. I really appreciate the efforts put into the responses and dfrecore, I will take your advise and continue my research however I will be back with questions.
Regards SC

You will find that as you start researching, you will have MORE questions - it seems like the more you know, the more you figure out what you don't know - but that's ok. Ask as many questions as you need to.

Also remember to use the search option, there are lots of times when you can find more info by searching and reading posts.

But definitely start with looking at the different degrees.

At TESU, you just go to Academics|What you can study, and then choosing the various degrees. Look at the GenEd (top section, 60 units) vs the lower section, and even the notes at the bottom of the page.

At EC, look at Programs, choose whichever one you want to look at, scroll down to Degree Requirements, and click on See Credit Requirements in Chart Form.

At COSC, choose Programs of Study, choose your program, and choose "see full requirements in the catalog." Also, in the left-hand column while looking at the degree, you can click on General Education Requirements. Put them together and you have a full degree program.

Once you compare all 3 schools, you'll start to see likenesses and differences in the programs (for instance the Business - General Management at all 3 schools will have many similarities, but also distinct differences). Once you spend a little time looking at several degrees at each school, you will start to get the hang of it.

Here is the link to see WGU's degree in IT: BS IT Courses. You will be able to see the differences between that and the Big 3 as well.

Hope that is a start.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore,
Thanks for the additional tips, very useful. May I ask why you chose TESC to get your BSBA in HR, was there something about the school that the other 2 did not provide. Are you enrolled in TESC ?
My son is still trying to decide to go through WGU or COSC. I need what will save the most money. He sounds like he wants to go to WGU. I am paying for 2 children to go through college without any loans.
He is interested in Networking/maintaining large systems.

He has completed

Web Developer and Technology & Integration Support certificate (44 credits) - Introduction Computers 1/ PC Hardware 4/Networking 4/Laptops 1/Printers 1/ Operations Procedures 3/ Operating Systems 2/ Security 3/Mobile Devices 2/ Troubleshooting 3/N10-006- Network Architecture 2/Network Operations 3/ Network Security 2/Troubleshooting 3/Industry Standards, Practices, & Network Theory 2/ Career Management 1/Entrepreneurship 2/Capstone 5

220-801 CompTIA Exam passed

220-802 CompTIA Exam (will take end of March)

Network+ Certification Practice Exam (Will take in March)

Taking Cybersecurity DSST tomorrow

Worldviews 3- College Plus Sociology 3- Clep/ Intro to computers 3/ DSST College Algebra 3/ Inter. Algebra 3/ PreCalc 3/ Intro to Statistics 3/ Trigonometry 3/ Western Civ 1 3/ Western Civ II 3/ US History II 3/ US History I 3/ Bio 3/Microb 3/ BioLab 1/Music 3/
C++ 3/ CyberSecurity 101,201,301/ FEMA 15 classes/

Process Eng 1 & Eng 2

Which other classes will he need before/if he applies to WGU? I know they don't allow transfers if the student is already enrolled.

Does anyone know if they will accept any of what he already has? I did try to contact them and ask, but they wouldn't give guidance until I filled out an application.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 407 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,470 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 347 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,716 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,192 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,375 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,587 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 751 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,905 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Teen walks at graduation after completing doctoral degree at 17 lisarox 9 882 05-17-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy