Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone had experience with WGU
My son is trying to decide if he wants to go to WGU or Charter oak. Does anyone know the tuition of WGU and if they accept ACE credits as well as DSST & Cleps?

Bachelor Degree in IT Network Administration | WGU College of Information Technology Online
Began Aug 2014
It's $2890 for a 6-month term for the IT degrees, and they take ACE - they are a SL partner.

The one thing you need to be aware of with WGU - once you enroll, you cannot take any more courses to transfer in, so you need to do all transfers after applying but BEFORE actually enrolling.

If I were him, I would go through very carefully and make sure that he has all of the GenEd courses done already, and possibly even has an AA/AS from somewhere like TESU or COSC (TESU doesn't require a capstone for their AA in LS or ASBA). They are supposed to be pretty good about clearing all of the GenEd requirements if you already have an AA/AS. But I would just go through and get all those done.

Personally, I wouldn't want to spend any of the valuable 6-month term taking classes that I could have taken through CLEP or at SL. That would feel like a waste of money to me.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I graduated from both Smile

Though WGU was for the MBA.

If he wants optimal flexibility I think one of the Big 3 is best, if he wants a specific course and go as fast as he wants to/can then the nod might be to WGU.

Has he looked at other choices? Local schools, other online options and etc... I have no problem with COSC or WGU but in my opinion they wouldn't top the list for a teen/twenty something, that's of course subject to opinion and specific goals. No "wrong" answers, but rather many paths to achieve similar results.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Can you tell me what else he needs for general for WGU? Here are the classes he has already taken. He possibly wants the Bachelor Degree in IT Network Administration | WGU College of Information Technology Online (Posted above)

Here are the courses he has already taken:

Worldviews 3- CP
Sociology 3- Clep
Intro to computers 3
DSST College Algebra 3
Inter. Algebra 3
PreCalc 3
Intro to Statistics 3
Trigonometry 3
Western Civ 1 3
Western Civ II 3
US History II 3
US History I 3
Bio 3
Microb 3
BioLab 1
Music 3
C++ 3/
CyberSecurity 101,201,301
FEMA 15 classes

Edmonds College: Introduction Computers 1/ PC Hardware 4/Networking 4/Laptops 1/Printers 1/ Operations Procedures 3/ Operating Systems 2/ Security 3/Mobile Devices 2/ Troubleshooting 3/N10-006- Network Architecture 2/Network Operations 3/ Network Security 2/Troubleshooting 3/Industry Standards, Practices, & Network Theory 2/ Career Management 1/Entrepreneurship 2/Capstone 5

220-801 CompTIA Exam passed
220-802 CompTIA Exam (will take end of March)
Network+ Certification Practice Exam (Will take in March)
Process Eng 1 & Eng 2 /Cyber security DSST
Began Aug 2014
Transcript Facts and Questions | Online University Degree | Western Governors University Online

I can't put my fingers on the IT related degree requirements but this should be pretty close as it involves the general education stuff. https://share.wgu.edu/sites/academic/shb...8-2015.pdf I'm sure there will be some things he can clear related to IT, just not able to find them right now.
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
This is through the degree you linked: BS IT Network Admin Areas of Study

Equivalencies: Alternative Sources, Social Sciences
AS in EMS August 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  experience with the University of London Givenes 1 452 05-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Anyone with experience/knowledge on army medic to civilian LVN pathway? studyingfortests 4 730 12-16-2023, 09:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Capella - Virginia LPC Experience Rweber 0 461 09-26-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Rweber
  Life Experience degree from the Mexican Government itself elcastor21 6 914 09-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  UMass Global / Brandman myPath Application and Transfer Experience? origamishuttle 8 2,349 01-27-2022, 05:47 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Can anyone share their experience with Tel Learning courses? ctcarl 31 7,466 03-04-2021, 11:30 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Any Experience with Principles of finance ECE, Quantitative analysis ECE? elikugel 1 1,093 12-17-2018, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Devin1118
  Portland-area experience with Public Speaking DSST? greencouch 1 1,287 03-19-2018, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Britjess
  Attempting CLEP (No experience) makemeraf 13 4,064 02-22-2018, 09:47 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Anyone have experience with the Western Civ Petersons exams? zapproximator 1 1,456 01-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: clep3705