Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW should I finish high school???
cookderosa Wrote:I don't want to share someone's personal information, and I'm not sure if this poster will update this thread, but I wanted to say that this story had an EXCEPTIONALLY happy ending!! Smile

I would love to hear an update if the OP would like to share sometime!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:I would love to hear an update if the OP would like to share sometime!

Sure! I'll just go ahead and paste what I sent to cookderosa:

Hello cookderosa,

I just wanted to tell you that I followed your advice and created my transcript and my parents signed it. Because of your advice, my transcript was accepted and I was able to enroll in my local community college and I will be graduating with my associate's degree with a 4.0 GPA and honors this summer and transferring to a university to get my Bachelor's thereafter. I didn't think I would ever be able to enter into a traditional college because of how horrible my high school education was and had resigned myself to getting a GED and going to cosmetology school since I believed that was the highest level of education I'd ever have the opportunity to achieve. Before I took out loans to go to cosmetology school, I kept remembering what you told me and I decided to take a wild shot at it and now my life, goals, and opportunities have completely changed. I'm getting emotional while writing this, but I never forgot how you helped me. I would have never found out about creating my own transcript if it weren't for you and who knows where I'd be now. You didn't have to help a random stranger like me on the internet but you did anyway, and I cannot thank you enough for helping me and setting me on this path. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I truly believe you changed my life.

You all should've seen the confused look my husband gave me when I was getting all teary-eyed on the computer :p
This is incredibly awesome!! Three cheers for Callque and Cookderosa!

Hip! Hip! Hooray!
Hip! Hip! Hooray!
Hip! Hip! Hooray!
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Callque Wrote:Sure! I'll just go ahead and paste what I sent to cookderosa:

Hello cookderosa,

I just wanted to tell you that I followed your advice and created my transcript and my parents signed it. Because of your advice, my transcript was accepted and I was able to enroll in my local community college and I will be graduating with my associate's degree with a 4.0 GPA and honors this summer and transferring to a university to get my Bachelor's thereafter. I didn't think I would ever be able to enter into a traditional college because of how horrible my high school education was and had resigned myself to getting a GED and going to cosmetology school since I believed that was the highest level of education I'd ever have the opportunity to achieve. Before I took out loans to go to cosmetology school, I kept remembering what you told me and I decided to take a wild shot at it and now my life, goals, and opportunities have completely changed. I'm getting emotional while writing this, but I never forgot how you helped me. I would have never found out about creating my own transcript if it weren't for you and who knows where I'd be now. You didn't have to help a random stranger like me on the internet but you did anyway, and I cannot thank you enough for helping me and setting me on this path. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I truly believe you changed my life.

You all should've seen the confused look my husband gave me when I was getting all teary-eyed on the computer :p

Now this is another one of those inspirational threads that keep me trucking along to my Bachelors degree. This forum, the wikia, and the sister forum, along with the members are very helpful and provide great advice. I am also energetic, hopeful and now even more motivated to go for my goal.

Thank you for sharing this.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Callque Wrote:Hello cookderosa,

Callque Wrote:You all should've seen the confused look my husband gave me when I was getting all teary-eyed on the computer :p

I got a little teary eyed just reading it!! What a beautiful story, and will be such an encouragement to others -- thank you for sharing!
And from personal experience, I know Jennifer has a heart to help others. She is a blessing to many.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
That is amazing and a truly wonderful thing you did Jennifer. Smile
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
Mamasaphire Wrote:I got a little teary eyed just reading it!! What a beautiful story, and will be such an encouragement to others -- thank you for sharing!
And from personal experience, I know Jennifer has a heart to help others. She is a blessing to many.

It's because I am blessed by many <3

Posters like Callque ask lots of questions, but few follow through and do the hard work necessary to make it happen. Her part in all of this is the example to others that it CAN be done!! I just set her in the right direction, all the hard work was hers!! I'm so proud that stories like hers dot the archives of this forum. It's what keeps me coming back every day- it's my happy place.
This has to be one of the best stories I have read on here or anywhere period. I almost cried reading this. I know someone already said it..but it can' t be said enough- your are awesome Cookderosa! AWESOME!
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Med school - anyone interested? Well... bjcheung77 24 893 Yesterday, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 17 2,855 09-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Elon Musk is opening a Montessori school in Texas this fall Charles Fout 22 1,722 08-09-2024, 11:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,354 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
Shocked The Secret of Why You Will NEVER Get Into an Ivy League School Part 2 LevelUP 10 1,443 06-27-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Admission to associate/bachelor programs without a high school diploma David1477 10 1,018 06-19-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,914 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  F in high school but 4.0 college gpa Spyrine 4 582 05-18-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Amazing Student - High IQ bjcheung77 3 561 02-16-2024, 03:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 423 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP