Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP - Need Straighterline Ebooks Info
Hi everyone,

I just completed my first Straighterline course of Business Ethics BUS106. Having the ebook was wonderful!

Can anyone give me advice on the best websites to look for cheap ebooks/free downloads, etc? I'm having a hard time finding books for my next few classes.

BUS120 Organizational Behavior
BUS201 Principles of Management
BUS110 Legal Issues for Business (Business Law)
ACC151 Financial Accounting
ECON102 Microeconomics
ECON101 Macroeconomics

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! T

Thanks!
Did you check Chegg - Raise Your GPA w/ a FREE Chegg Study Trial | Rent Books ?
I have rented book from this website. For some of the books, you will get an option to read E-book for 7 days. I used to finish my SL course within this time period. When the book comes in my mail box, i simply return it to Chegg and 90%-95% of the rental price will be returned to me. I don't even open the book. I got this great idea from one of the members on this forum
bs13 Wrote:Did you check Chegg - Raise Your GPA w/ a FREE Chegg Study Trial | Rent Books ?
I have rented book from this website. For some of the books, you will get an option to read E-book for 7 days. I used to finish my SL course within this time period. When the book comes in my mail box, i simply return it to Chegg and 90%-95% of the rental price will be returned to me. I don't even open the book. I got this great idea from one of the members on this forum

Great Idea! Thank you. I'm definately going to give that a try.
bs13 Wrote:Did you check Chegg - Raise Your GPA w/ a FREE Chegg Study Trial | Rent Books ?

I'm looking for some of the same ebooks too, but they aren't all on Chegg, at least not the same versions as SL. I know Principles of Management for example is only available to buy or rent in hard copy on Chegg. Does anyone know if it's a big deal to use another edition that isn't recommended by SL? If I can pick any edition, then Chegg will work. If not, then if anybody has good ebook resources for the courses above then that would be great.

Thanks!
Many of the different editions of a book are nearly identical, except for paragraph and wording changes. If you want to check if a different edition will work, you need to match up the chapter titles amongst the different editions.

Chegg is by far the cheapest place to get e-books, but if they don't have what you need. You can always check Coursesmart, if you buy an e-book from SL you are actually buying it from Coursesmart(for a higher price)...so it is cheaper to buy directly from Coursesmart.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
That's great - I'll go direct to Coursesmart first. SL really rips you off with those outrageous prices!

I was excited when I took Cultural Anthropology because the ebook is free online. If anyone is looking for it, the link is this:
http://occupytampa.org/files/tristan/Con...__2009.pdf

I was hoping to find other ebooks free online. I've searched the web but it's hard to find anything that isn't just junk.

If anyone has good resources for the ebooks for Organizational Behavior, Business Ethics or Principles of Management for SL, please post!
There was a recent thread talking about free e-books, I'm pretty sure Ethics had a free book floating around.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
I've done about ten of these so far renting books from chegg and completing the course during the complimentary e-book period. I've used a different edition almost every time with pretty good success. A handful of questions in every course seem to site poll data, election results, census data, etc. Those questions tend to get updated in newer versions. That was the biggest glitch with this method, but I doubt it has cost me anything close to a letter grade yet.
Clep: Info Systems & Computer Applications, Humanities, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, A&I Lit, Marketing

Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, College Algebra/Trig, Pre-Calc, Business Statistics

Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Principles of Management, Accounting I, Accounting II, Business Law, Sociology, Business Ethics, Organizational Behavior, Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting, Business Communications, English Composition II

TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for IT Professionals, Cyber Security for Business Professionals

DSST: Human Resource Management, Money and Banking, Management Information Systems, Ethics in America

Penn Foster: Financial Management, Strategic Management

Goal: BSBA General Management TESC (120/120)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  International GCSE Sciences (EU/UK) Info bjcheung77 6 550 05-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 1,007 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 927 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,298 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  RBA Degree Info? learningthehardway 17 3,189 05-12-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway
  Amazon Kindle - Free Ebooks (online or on your Kindle) bjcheung77 3 1,075 12-26-2021, 08:12 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Help finding a thread (or info) on FAFS reconsideration based on lower 2020 income studyingfortests 2 776 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 1,024 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  75% off all ebooks from the U. of Chicago Press (Aug 16-23) Code: EBOOK75 bjcheung77 0 765 08-16-2021, 03:06 PM
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 4,093 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner