Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate School Scholarships
Hey Fam!

Thank you all soo very much for your help! Graduating in March ceremony from TESC Liberal Arts. I have no Gpa and all my credits have been through clep/dsst.

I am in the process of researching grad programs. I came across several scholarships and fellowships for grad school. Since I don't have any academic reference and no GPA; am I just wasting my time.?? I am a minority student and live in low income home, which apparently helps for grad money.Wink I have looked into Amberton but would like something else more affordable or free if possible. Btw to be honest I dont know what I want to major in (but leaning toward social sciences). Any recommended scholarships/grants/fellowships?

I am aware I could get accepted provisionally or get a graduate certificate with a GPA. Which I am probably gonna end up doing, since most of theses scholarships/fellowships are pretty competitive and thus require gpa.

Any help very appreciative!!
*Viv
It is easier finding grad school money if you know what subject area you are thinking about entering. Because some area have more money to give. Also you say you are a minority student you really should look into that avenue. Honestly I got a scholarship for being Belgian. My daughter actually gets in now. After I had filled out all of my financial aid info ect I came across this scholarship for people with Belgian Heritage. My mother was from Belgium.
You have to fill out your FAFSA and enter the schools code. Different schools have different funding. Also I would directly come out and ask the school that you are thinking about attending what sort of scholarships and grants do they have. In my state there is a charitable fundation that gives money to students. They base it on need, GPA, field of study and location. I received money from them and my daughter now gets grant money from them.
Also look at the bank that you are a member of. It is amazing that many banks have scholarships and nobody ever knows about them.
Also are you working? Many employers offer some sort of money for college.

Taking grad classes to get a GPA is a great idea. Atleast that why you will have a GPA.
Finding money for school can become a part time job. But there is money out there. You have to look for it.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Thanks so much the information and encouragement!! Never thought of it that way, finding money for school is like a part time job. Tell that to my mom lol.

I am definitely ask my job, bank, and potential grad schools. I did not know that's banks have scholarships. I'm def thinking about taking grad classes for gpa.

ahh i dont know what field/subject to go into for grad school. Honestly, I would major in anything that they offer me full or almost full scholarship. Any scholarships you know about please let me know Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Med school - anyone interested? Well... bjcheung77 17 621 Yesterday, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Bingbong
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 17 2,847 09-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,679 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Elon Musk is opening a Montessori school in Texas this fall Charles Fout 22 1,710 08-09-2024, 11:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,345 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 296 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox
Shocked The Secret of Why You Will NEVER Get Into an Ivy League School Part 2 LevelUP 10 1,389 06-27-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Admission to associate/bachelor programs without a high school diploma David1477 10 1,014 06-19-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,897 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  F in high school but 4.0 college gpa Spyrine 4 570 05-18-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: davewill