Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantitative Analysis: CSM vs Coopersmith?
Leaning towards a BSBA from Excelsior as my best option. They require Quantitative Analysis. My new degree plan has enough UL credits, so I can take either the CSM or Coopersmith version.

Which is easier, better, more organized, clearer, and less like the college algebra and statistics courses that I loathed?
Working towards:
  • BS Business @ Excelsior
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
IIRC, you need to take the Coopersmith version because the CSM one doesn't count for this requirement for a Business degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-03-2023, 03:39 PM)rachel83az Wrote: IIRC, you need to take the Coopersmith version because the CSM one doesn't count for this requirement for a Business degree.

Okay, so the UL isn't the issue.

Can you please explain what IIRC is?
Working towards:
  • BS Business @ Excelsior
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
(03-03-2023, 03:48 PM)SCYankee Wrote: Can you please explain what IIRC is?

IIRC =If I Remember Correctly
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

I also ran into some crap with Excelsior about accepting the CSM course. They would accept it, but it would not count as a quantitative analysis course.  This, and some other reasons, is why I ended up at TESU over Excelsior.

If you can find a school that accepts CSM as your quantitative credit, I do highly recommend the CSM course.  I'm a total math phobe and found CSM to be a brilliant way to present and teach material... almost fun... and if you set your mind to it, you can knock through it quickly. (I finished the entire course in a weekend.)
(03-03-2023, 09:52 PM)studyingfortests Wrote: I also ran into some crap with Excelsior about accepting the CSM course. They would accept it, but it would not count as a quantitative analysis course.  This, and some other reasons, is why I ended up at TESU over Excelsior.

If you can find a school that accepts CSM as your quantitative credit, I do highly recommend the CSM course.  I'm a total math phobe and found CSM to be a brilliant way to present and teach material... almost fun... and if you set your mind to it, you can knock through it quickly. (I finished the entire course in a weekend.)

TESU accepts it. For a business degree, a student would need: Algebra (Sophia), Statistics (Sophia again), and CSM. As far as everything goes, it's a pretty easy way to meet TESU's math requirements.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
At Excelsior, if you want the BSB, you must take Coopersmith's MAT-303: Quantitative Analysis. The CSM course is nothing like this, so I can understand why they don't consider this course "enough" for their degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • SCYankee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CBE program for data analysis or data science? FreeAgnes 3 403 08-22-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,136 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 20,424 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Proctor U (Proctor FU) with Coopersmith... still just as bad studyingfortests 11 2,250 05-22-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 917 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra udi 8 2,936 08-06-2021, 01:53 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Coopersmith Testing Question tls7291 5 1,272 07-10-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can I change the course of coopersmith after I buy it? qiaoyiren 2 926 03-31-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  University of Oxford - Diploma in IT Systems Analysis and Design (Online) $6400 nomaduser 11 6,188 08-28-2020, 07:29 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Any Experience with Principles of finance ECE, Quantitative analysis ECE? elikugel 1 1,084 12-17-2018, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Devin1118