Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Career Certificates & WGU Credits / UMPI Credits Comparison
(06-21-2023, 08:04 PM)DolceDolce Wrote: LakeMomNY:

When is my EC at UMPI going to reach out to me?  So far, I have only seen my degree report in my student portal. I have not received the official audit report yet, how long does it take to get that e-mail?   So I haven't been able to ask any follow-up questions or get any direction, or even change my start date. Can you tell me what the process is for this?

Your Enrollment Counselor isn't someone you need. They have nothing to do with admissions really. You need to have patience. UMPI is a VERY small school with limited staff especially in the summer. It takes a few weeks for transcripts to be evaluated. Every time you send another transcript, the process extends. It's best to send ALL transcripts at the same time. You will receive an email from your academic advisor after your transcripts have been evaluated. They can't complete the degree evaluation form until the transcripts are processed unless you want to take 120 credits at UMPI. Patience! If it's been a month since you were accepted, then I would say to contact someone specific, but it hasn't been that long and you're still sending transcripts. 

Google certs through Coursera are ACE approved. UMPI does give credit for them. You'll see it once your transcripts are processed. UMPI's transfer database doesn't show all of the credits these transfer in as. Just sit tight and enjoy the break you have now.
(06-22-2023, 12:39 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-21-2023, 08:04 PM)DolceDolce Wrote: LakeMomNY:

When is my EC at UMPI going to reach out to me?  So far, I have only seen my degree report in my student portal. I have not received the official audit report yet, how long does it take to get that e-mail?   So I haven't been able to ask any follow-up questions or get any direction, or even change my start date. Can you tell me what the process is for this?

Your Enrollment Counselor isn't someone you need. They have nothing to do with admissions really. You need to have patience. UMPI is a VERY small school with limited staff especially in the summer. It takes a few weeks for transcripts to be evaluated. Every time you send another transcript, the process extends. It's best to send ALL transcripts at the same time. You will receive an email from your academic advisor after your transcripts have been evaluated. They can't complete the degree evaluation form until the transcripts are processed unless you want to take 120 credits at UMPI. Patience! If it's been a month since you were accepted, then I would say to contact someone specific, but it hasn't been that long and you're still sending transcripts. 

Google certs through Coursera are ACE approved. UMPI does give credit for them. You'll see it once your transcripts are processed. UMPI's transfer database doesn't show all of the credits these transfer in as. Just sit tight and enjoy the break you have 
You've missed some of my earlier posts.  
My transcript evaluation is done.
It's in my dashboard and I've been working off of that.
I was wondering if an appointment was going to be made between my advisor and myself, or do I just wait for a random e-mail.  I have since learned that when the degree audit is done by Jessica, she will reach out.
I have completed the Google Coursera Digital Marketing Certificate now.  I'm moving on to the Project Manager one and will be sending them in at one time.  I have permission from someone in the transcript department to send them as soon as I'd like, but together.
I'll continue to send transcripts throughout the process. I've already received approval that when I get a few courses done, send them in that way, as a grouping every so often.
I have the transfer credits all iin, but somebody said not to look at the Progress Report, and that Jessica would send the audit. That was the only thing I was asking in regards to how long does that take. In the meantime, I'm working on external credits to send in, in bulk, every so often.
Originally, I believe it was hard to find if whether the DM Google Cert is indeed accepted or not. Frankly, I've seen a range of answers on here from "it was for me" to "it might be" to "it will be." Therefore, for me, always best in the absence of definitive information to try one first, and see what happens. However, the course went by fast for me, since I'm in this field already, so will send both PM and DM courses from Google Certificates over, as they are the only ones capable of fulfilling my outstanding areas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Courses With Test klone 1 81 1 hour ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 17 1,155 Yesterday, 03:22 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 23 1,623 09-25-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: AirborneAgent
  UMPI Accounting Assistance NewbieLearner 9 341 09-24-2024, 08:51 PM
  Coursera Google PM Cert to UMPI dm.hans32 0 148 09-20-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Update on My Journey to UMPI BAS and MAOL Hackingat40 5 532 09-19-2024, 08:25 PM
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 5 583 09-19-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 902 09-18-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: thomasfrank
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 125 93,189 09-18-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: psychcs
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 753 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger