Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRE Psych anyone?
Is there anyone taking the GRE psych this Saturday? I am, but I am pretty frustrated with my lack of study time (I work taxes so the timing is not ideal, to say the least). I'd love to know if there are others signed up to take it this week and if you want to compare notes (at least before, after the exam I may not be in any mood to compare notes with anyone hilarious !
You can pm me if you don't want to clutter up the board.
Thanks, Johanna
Johanna Wrote:Is there anyone taking the GRE psych this Saturday? I am, but I am pretty frustrated with my lack of study time (I work taxes so the timing is not ideal, to say the least). I'd love to know if there are others signed up to take it this week and if you want to compare notes (at least before, after the exam I may not be in any mood to compare notes with anyone hilarious !
Thanks, Johanna

thats just one of the GREs I am considering......

I posted a topic to see which GREs other people may have taken and thought it was easy according to their experience, background and training in their professional fields.....

I didnt get any response..
Johanna Wrote:Is there anyone taking the GRE psych this Saturday? I am, but I am pretty frustrated with my lack of study time (I work taxes so the timing is not ideal, to say the least). I'd love to know if there are others signed up to take it this week and if you want to compare notes (at least before, after the exam I may not be in any mood to compare notes with anyone hilarious !
Thanks, Johanna

214 questions on the exam...
I plan on registering in August for the October GRE Psych Exam. I'd be interested in knowing what study materials were used to prepare for the exam? Also is it timed? I've heard that cracking the gre by princeton press is good.
Best Regards
OK for those of you planning on the GRE Psych: - it's not for wimps, let me tell you. It was one tough sucker and I have no idea how I scored. I am glad it is behind me but if I had it to do over again I would take the smaller and more focused exams. It may take longer and be more expensive, but I feel like it's going to be a long wait (6-7 weeks) before I know how many credits I earned. If I didn't score well enough I may still end up having to grind through the upper level exams anyway.

Think long and hard (and at least twice Wink ) before signing up if you have had no formal psychology classes.

For what it's worth,
Johanna
Johanna Wrote:OK for those of you planning on the GRE Psych: - it's not for wimps, let me tell you. It was one tough sucker and I have no idea how I scored. I am glad it is behind me but if I had it to do over again I would take the smaller and more focused exams. It may take longer and be more expensive, but I feel like it's going to be a long wait (6-7 weeks) before I know how many credits I earned. If I didn't score well enough I may still end up having to grind through the upper level exams anyway.

Think long and hard (and at least twice Wink ) before signing up if you have had no formal psychology classes.

For what it's worth,
Johanna
I feel your pain. My biggest problem with the exam is that it was nothing like the practice exams that ETS gives you. I only scored 590 on it. That was good for 12 credits but I already had 12. The exam was a wash for me. However, the prep that I did for it made the ECE Psych exams a lot easier.
Don't get discouraged yet. I suspect you did better than you think.
Let us know when you hear.

Ron
Chartered Life Underwriter-American College 1985
Chartered Financial Consultant-American College 1986
BS Charter Oak State College 2005
BS Psychology-Summa Cum Laude-Excelsior College 2006
Chartered Advisor for Senior Living-American College 2006

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I go for COSC BS Health Studies or TESU BA Psych? mcorye91 15 2,453 12-28-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post: mcorye91
  Human Services vs Psych natshar 7 2,141 03-22-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a current REA study guide for CLEP Educational Psych? S.Tesla 4 1,381 06-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Murdockb
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,349 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Current UL Course options for BA in Psych at TESU Nodaclu 14 2,798 11-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  "Checkbox" BA Degree - BALS or Psych? Nodaclu 7 2,608 12-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Nodaclu
  Psych/Soc Online Programs w/Credit-Bearing Internships SolarKat 2 1,614 06-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Last Post: SolarKat
  Did the CLEP Psych exam just change? zapproximator 2 1,742 06-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Study.com Research Methods in Psych and Stats (or not)?? Mamasaphire 15 2,580 03-31-2017, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Mamasaphire
  Study.com Social Psych review Mamasaphire 13 2,085 10-05-2016, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Test-o-matic