Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fundamentals of Counseling - Question on first test
I am taking my first Dantes test tomorrow and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the tests are usually like. Are they multiple choice, fill in the blank... I am not a very good test taker and probably freak out more than I should. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you
Hey, yay for your first test. I just took this one.

DSST tests are multiple choice. 4 choices. I think the Fundamentals of Counseling is 90 questions long. You have 2 hours to answer them. (It took me 45 minutes total)

If this is your first test you will set up a username and password. The people at the testing center will walk you through that. Make sure you get a good nights rest and don't drink caffeine before you go in! Big Grin I like to take a deep breath and pray before I start the test. Just try and center yourself, think positive thoughts and go ahead and take the test.

My personal test taking strategy is as follows: If I have no idea what the answer is I mark it for review and move on to the next one. If I am debating between two answers I mark the one I am most sure of, mark the question for review and move on. This helps me not to lose momentum by getting stumped on one of the first questions. Once you get in the groove, you will settle down and be more able to answer those (I rarely answer the first 5 questions on the test). Once you have completed all the questions go back and review the ones you have marked. Personally, I never go back over the questions that I have not marked for review. I tend to second guess myself and change a right answer to a wrong one (that is just a personality thing, if you don't have a problem with this by all means go through and check again!) Once you are finished you exit the test. It will ask you a couple questions and then it will pop up with your name and your score. If memory serves, you need a 48 to pass this one.

I hope that helps!

Good luck!! Big Grin
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,753 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 349 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 266 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,967 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 229 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 491 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 220 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Test score rogeryoung 4 483 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 446 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 772 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant