Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Microsoft Certification Exam for Current Student
https://www.dreamspark.com/Products/Prod...oductId=24

Microsoft will give you a code for one free certification exam if you are currently enrolled as a college student. To qualify you must create an account and go through the verification process (either using your .edu email address or by sending other acceptable proof of college enrollment). You must register for and take your exam by 6/30/11 and you must bring your student id with you to the testing site.

Many of the Microsoft certification exams are ACE listed for credit so this may help someone that needs those last few credits to round out their degree program.

As an aside anyone who signs up and verifies their dreamspark (microsoft student) account is also eligible to receive copies of microsoft operating systems (server 08 and 03) and various development software (visual studio 2010 and various other programming software). So go forth my fellow computer geeks and claim your free goodies.
which exam is worth the most ace credits?
FilMor Wrote:which exam is worth the most ace credits?

I personally chose 72-652 Configuring Windows Server Virtualization because i'm familiar with material that will be on the exam, it's ace recommended for two credits and has the added benefit of conferring an MCTS designation with just one exam. The other MCTS designations that can be earned with one exam appeared to be ace recommended for only one credit.

That being said it is probably in your best interest to take a course that you are familiar with or that will benefit you at work even if it is only worth one credit rather than possibly wasting the free exam pursuing a two credit exam that you might not pass.
It does look like microsoft has a list of credit recommendations:
Earn College Credit with a Microsoft Certification l ACE Credit Recommendations

I checked out that link brothert69 and I'm excited about this. Any idea on when this may end? I already have a couple of certs I'm studying for, plus summer courses so I don't want to interrupt that just yet. Hopefully this will be available until Late june or even july Smile
I signed up for 072-680 configuring windows 7, hopefully is worth something
Umm... Excelsior doesn't give student IDs (at least I never got one and been with them a while), or a .edu email address...
Does anyone have any recommendation of good study material specifically for for the Excel 2010 Expert exam 77-888. Also, do you know if I would have to take MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2010 prior to taking the expert one?
Joe,
Liberty University, MBA in Accounting (2012)
Excelsior BS - General Business (2009)
CPCU Designation (2010)
valsacar Wrote:Umm... Excelsior doesn't give student IDs (at least I never got one and been with them a while), or a .edu email address...

Didn't you get a Student ID card when you enrolled? I do not remember if it has my Student ID number on it or not. What does this offer require?
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
My student Id number is available as soon as i login to excelsior. I don't have an EDU email addy for ec though. I do have one with my local community college though.
I am currently enrolled in TESC, do I qualify for this?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  free certificates in China lilyuzimu 5 610 10-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: durain
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 8 820 09-27-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: naet
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,759 09-26-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 541 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 355 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 40,017 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 891 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  ISSA Certification burbuja0512 0 250 07-06-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  OpenAI launches new AI model GPT-4o Free for Everyone LevelUP 4 722 06-27-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,519 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn