Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cancelled Test
P00057870 Wrote:Sorry for the inconvenience you went through but this tread confirms that not just with real estate, but with our testing centers, no mater who they are, it really can make a difference in your anxiety level, not just convenience.

The suggestion to call ahead of time is now also on my list of things to do.

Thanks for everyone posting.

Too true, if I have learned anything from yesterday it is to call ahead before the exam from here on out!

Anxiety is the worst thing to happen to a test taker, especially the day of. Personally I am happy I didn't find an available opening in a nearby campus after my test was canceled. I don't think I would do half as well as I would with a stress free night Smile
brothermike Wrote:I feel your pain. I thank God that I found a testing center that is pretty flexible with hours, but I have to drive 1:15 minutes away for that luxury. All of the other local testing centers make you schedule 2 weeks in advance. You may want to revisit the college board website and call some of the testing centers within 50 miles of your house and find out what kind of scheduling they require.

Good luck!

We drive to Denton TX to the UNT campus since we discovered such a good testing facility with helpful staff, comfy chairs, few testers and good parking. The testing facility makes a huge difference.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
For anyone in the Dallas area, I cannot compliment the SMU Testing Center and Lori Krone enough. I've taken all my CLEPs there and will be taking DSSTs next. There have been no surprises, scheduling has been quite flexible, and Lori is incredibly nice. Parking is expensive ($5), and there's a 5-minute walk from parking to the testing building, but otherwise, testing at SMU has been a Grade-A experience. I recommend it and only wish I could take my ECEs there as well.
Kelly
BS, History - Excelsior College - 2011
I showed up for an exam and the entire campus was shut down. Police at both enterances. Appearently there had been an electrical problem that shut the whole place off.
dshlvrsn Wrote:I showed up for an exam and the entire campus was shut down. Police at both enterances. Appearently there had been an electrical problem that shut the whole place off.
Wow! That must have been stressful! Did you take it the next day?
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
I showed up for an exam last week and the proctor's father had passed away. I felt so bad for her because I have seen her for so many exams I kinda feel like I know her. Apparently, she's the only one there who can administer the DSST exams so I will have to reschedule for next week, if she's back to work by then. Calling ahead wouldn't have helped in this instance, since I was sitting there already when she called in with the news, but I do think that is a good suggestion.
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
Wow. Lot's of Texas folks on this thread. Anyone know a place open on the weekends?
North Lake Community College in Irving is open on Saturdays. I don't know of any others.
Smile Cleps:
Introduction Business Law 65
Principles of Management 70
Principles of Marketing 71
A&I Literature 68
American Lit 59
Educational Psychology 68
Social sciences & history 65
Western Civilization I 64

What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
alissaroot Wrote:I showed up for an exam last week and the proctor's father had passed away. I felt so bad for her because I have seen her for so many exams I kinda feel like I know her. Apparently, she's the only one there who can administer the DSST exams so I will have to reschedule for next week, if she's back to work by then. Calling ahead wouldn't have helped in this instance, since I was sitting there already when she called in with the news, but I do think that is a good suggestion.

I am sorry to hear that. Although it is a shame that many schools don't have more than 1 proctor for their universities to administer the tests. I did get a chance to get a make up exam this week at another school, so I am looking forward to getting it done *crosses fingers* Smile
dshlvrsn Wrote:I showed up for an exam and the entire campus was shut down. Police at both enterances. Appearently there had been an electrical problem that shut the whole place off.

That's terrible! It'd be great if they waved the college fee for the tests if things like this happened and you had to reschedule! But then again world peace would be great too! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 213 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Test score rogeryoung 4 473 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 424 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 762 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,022 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 1,284 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 1,068 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 912 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 556 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Management Test Battery (MTB) Exam? Merlin 9 4,948 03-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Merlin