Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone who has taken Principles of Management?
So if you've taken this exam, you know there are probably over ten different theories to know. I enjoy learning about these theories, but I'm worried that I won't remember all of them. If you have taken PoM, did you use any special technique or tool to memorize the theories and the names of those who came up with them to ensure you'd remember, or did you just read through your study materials and hope for the best? Purely curious. Smile Thanks!
AS, Marketing, Penn Foster College

CLEP: Prin. of Marketing - 70, Prin. of Mngement - 73, Intro. Sociology - 68, Prin. of Macro - ??

AP: Biology - 3

ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra - ??, Introduction to Statistics - ??, Business Statistics - ??
You'll probably be surprised what you remember. The test gives you clues as you go and will jog your memory. I read one book and took the exam and scored into the 70s easily. It's not a hard test at all, one of the easiest in my opinion. Good luck.

The Principles of Management Peterson exams were easy for me to complete but I did take a five credit B&M course in it. The best way to get it in your head is how would you apply it in the real world. Starbucks just launched a thing called playbook it's a management system right out of Fredrick Taylor's diary, but I'm not sure it will make the customer experience any better. It's all about the customer.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
try the sl class principles of management it was so easy, i completed it in 2 days
You'll be fine. Check out the videos from Educationportal.com (they are free) and do the flashcards on here and on FREE CLEP prep.com and it's an easy test. GIve yourself a couple days and make sure you know all the people and their theories. Check recent posts for what people are encountering on the exam and follow their lead/notes.

nas22 Wrote:So if you've taken this exam, you know there are probably over ten different theories to know. I enjoy learning about these theories, but I'm worried that I won't remember all of them. If you have taken PoM, did you use any special technique or tool to memorize the theories and the names of those who came up with them to ensure you'd remember, or did you just read through your study materials and hope for the best? Purely curious. Smile Thanks!
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Project Management Cert? GoBroncos95 11 980 07-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,481 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,830 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 731 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 607 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,408 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Google Project Management: Professional Certificate midnite123 5 2,185 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Learning Management System Vle045 12 1,590 06-24-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  University of London offering 15% bursary for their MSc in Management programs nyvrem 5 997 05-26-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is it a good idea to step into cybersecurity domain after graduting from management? rishu 7 1,296 01-06-2022, 12:10 AM