Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First timer about to embark a rapid fire test out
Saybur Wrote:Hi the name is Saybur
(name of my husky, she passed away six months ago)
6 month lurker 1st time poster

I just came by to introduce myself and inform you guys of my plans, any and all advice would be and is greatly appreciated
after months of absorbing all the information I could from this fantastic forum and other net resources I have decided I want to pursue a BSBA General management degree from TESC as laid out by Sanantone
I will be doing this with no credits to my name to start and having never stepped foot in to a secondary class room.
the only two questions I have is, I know this seems ambitious but, would it be possible to complete this in under six months?
also any ballpark guess on about how much this would cost?
the reason why I am doing this is for a couple reasons 1: I would like to open my own business someday and feel like this would help me achieve my goals 2: I will be going to teach english overseas and this degree will help me obtain my visa.
I plan on beginning my quest after the 4th of july.:willynilly:
I hope I didn't sound too gung ho.
Assuming nothing changes July 1st.
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...still.html
guerraw26 Wrote:Hey I am new to this forum`and have to take three DSST's Criminal Justice, Introduction to Law Enforcement, and Here's to your health. I am planning on taking the Health one first and was wondering how did you study for these exams? I bought some study guide sheets for the health course at free-clep-prep also. I would really appreciate the feedback thanks Smile.
If you're going to TESC, you can't use both the law enforcement and cj exams.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Assuming nothing changes July 1st.
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...still.html
guess I'll just have to wait, hope and see thanks for the heads up
I know that a BSBA in general management has a lot of math courses required
So how screwed am I?
I just took a mathematics placement test...and I did terrible,I look back at how did I get through high school with how bad I did on this test (but I am mostly chocking it up to being out of school for 8 years)
Is there any hope for me?
or should I just throw in the towel and go back to school? like I said in my first post I am mostly doing this so I can get work as an English teacher in Japan hopefully within a year at most and the degree is required for the work visa
The BSBA only requires college algebra or quantitative analysis. You might have to do some basic math in finance, accounting, and micro/macroeconomics.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Did you study for the placement test?

I had to watch a LOT of videos to bring me back up to speed before I took that accuplacer test. Is that what you took? I have been out of school for about 13 years!
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
I just want to encourage you to go for it!
Create a plan and get started. Then, be flexible. You may need more time for some subjects and less for others. You may also need a completely different approach for some subjects - different study method, tutor, course.
You'll never know what you are capable of accomplishing, until you try. Don't talk yourself out of it too soon. There is nothing wrong with taking a little longer to finish your goal, as long as you end up with the degree you want and need in the end.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
It depends on your commitment. If you spend a lot of time doing non productive stuff that you can translate into study time then you can get stuff done fairly quickly. I have two jobs and run my own business and manage an exam every eight weeks or so. You can do whatever you set you mind too, it takes discipline which you have demonstrated with the MMA. Passing an exam is key if you fail an exam you have to wait six months for a re-sit. Some people have achieved a BA in four weeks it will probably take me about three years at my current rate but the bills need to be paid and other life commitments demand time. Pick an exam and do it in four weeks and then schedule another for three weeks after and see how you deal with the pressure dropping down to two weeks once you have gained 6 credits and see what happens. Focus on your goal and then break down the task to what it is going to help you achieve it. Let us know how you progress, slow and steady wins the race! but what you can handle will be determined by how well you plan ahead.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
For math courses I think ALEKS is the way to go, study at your own pace and get familiar with the problems then do the evaluation. CLEP and DSST are not hard as long as you prepare for it, you just need a pass for the credits to be accepted. If test centers are close and you can schedule anytime you want I think it is possible to get it done in 10 months. Check out bain4weeks.com , there is a guide on how to complete excelsior bachelor general business in shortest time possible. I am currently enrolled with excelsior and following that guide on what subject to test I earned around 50 credits within 6-7 months. I had to take flights to neighboring countries for the clep and dsst exams since they do not have a test center here. So I think if you are located close enough to schedule the test whenever you are ready , I think it is possible to get it done in 10 months. For me max test that I did per trip overseas is 3 tests, and a maximum of 2 tests per day. Good luck.
Is bain4weeks even still accurate for Excelsior because it's way outdated for the other two?
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I am now officially beginning my journey! I figure I will do my worst possible subjects first and go from there!, suffice to say I'm actually pretty nervous but excited all the same, I will try to keep you guys updated with my progress

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 212 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Test score rogeryoung 4 472 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 423 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 758 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,015 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 1,276 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 1,065 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 910 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 556 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  National Fire Academy ACE credit course? nomaduser 3 1,802 09-01-2020, 02:48 PM
Last Post: jsh1138