Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
First Failed Test - Art of the Western World
Ugh, so I failed a test for the first time today and it's an entirely new sensation. :-( I thought I was ready and even thought I had enough to pass while I was taking it, but ended up with a 384 and needed a 400.

It was way harder than I expected. I have read through all of the exam feedback and my test seemed way different.

I'll probably retake it in three months, but I was definitely ready to be done.

Frustrating, but not the end of the world, I know.

End rant.
Did you use the REA AP Art History exam prep book?
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
clep3705 Wrote:Did you use the REA AP Art History exam prep book?

I discovered InstantCert late in the game so over the course of getting my degree(s) I used primarily books. I prefer reading to study sheets and flash cards.
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current:
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
It seems like there have been several posts lately where people have commented that they have unexpectedly failed one of these DSST tests that has just changed over to the new grading scale (out of 500). I have noticed this for at least astronomy, environment & humanity, and now this one.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
clep3705 Wrote:Did you use the REA AP Art History exam prep book?

No, I primarily used The Annotated Mona Lisa by Strickland, along with specific exam feedback and other supplemental resources.
I don't have access to the Specific Exam Feedback forum, but this is not a popular test. I could imagine that the info in it is really old.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I don't have access to the Specific Exam Feedback forum, but this is not a popular test. I could imagine that the info in it is really old.

You know how to get access, now don't you? Wink
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current:
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
agreeing with Sanantone, there isn't a lot of feedback on this exam- nothing in about 6 months, which is light-years in IC terms. I'd love to hear YOUR feedback if you can remember.

PS sorry on the score, that happened to me on Civil War, it's kinda a kick in the teeth, but try not to let it get you down.
cookderosa Wrote:agreeing with Sanantone, there isn't a lot of feedback on this exam- nothing in about 6 months, which is light-years in IC terms. I'd love to hear YOUR feedback if you can remember.

PS sorry on the score, that happened to me on Civil War, it's kinda a kick in the teeth, but try not to let it get you down.

Jennifer, this is what I posted today under the specific exam feedback. I wish I could remember more.

Peeps, I'm wondering if this test has been updated and possibly significantly changed. I took this test this morning and failed it, which was frustrating and discouraging, but not the end of the world I know. I got a 384 and apparently needed a 400, which leads me to believe it's been updated since the last feedback. The test seemed very different than much of the specific feedback posted above. My mental study-up list for next time:

Egyptian art - several questions
Mesopotamian art
Minoan palaces
"vedute" of Venice
Haarlem School
Pissarro
Rothko
Sculptor of the Enlightenment
yes, I saw your update. Thanks for that. The more insight the better!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Save on tuition with Western Undergraduate Exchange wow 0 135 08-16-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: wow
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 12 1,597 07-31-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  Resources to prepare for ECE World Population leefleming 2 321 07-25-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: leefleming
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 212 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  HIS-1010 / Western Civ. 1 at TESU picochily 8 553 05-05-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Test score rogeryoung 4 472 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 423 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 339 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Western Oregon University Adopts New Grading System LevelUP 13 1,364 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 758 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant