Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished with my Associates
Just a note to everyone to advise that I have received the "official" email from Excelsior that says I have completed my Associates degree.

I guess I am now technically (almost) a college graduate. (No one's telling which college or what degree program) Anyway, it is official and posted on my graduation tab on the EC website. (Maybe I will just prospective employer the webpage instead of the diploma, as it is very impressive) I will be conferred Dec 21st.

I am now finishing my BS in Criminal Justice with a Law Enforcement Emphasis. Does anyone know if I can take it without the emphasis and if it will be faster???

If I calculate correctly I only have a handful of exams left to complete the degree and perhaps I can meet the cutoff to get my BS in January. Wouldn't that be a hoot. Rolleyes

Is the mascot really a globe??? Give me a break....
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
Congratulations, ImustStudy!
Chris
[SIZE="1"]120 credits, 3.60 GPA, B.S. General Business, Excelsior College to be conferred 6/20/08 Cool

CLEP Accounting-71, Humanities-70, Marketing-78, Macro-70, Sociology-66, HG&D-72, Management-77, American Gov't-63, Business Law-73, Edu Psych-67, Biology-71; DSST MIS-66, Statistics-78, Principles of Finance-66, Money & Banking-65, Health-65, Business Law II-69, Environment-68, HRM-70; ECE Ethics-A, Org Behavior-B, Info Lit-P, Labor Relations-C, Ops Mgt-A, Business Strategy-B[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]Congrats - Welcome to the Club!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ImustStudy Wrote:Is the mascot really a globe??? Give me a break....

I think that was an invention of Shoto's. . . Smile

. . . but my memory fails me. Call it old age!!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="purple"]EC doesn't have a mascot per se (they don't have any athletics) but they do have a distictly recognizable symbol - a globe, thus my assertion -[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Go Globes!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"][COLOR="purple"]EC doesn't have a mascot per se (they don't have any athletics) but they do have a distictly recognizable symbol - a globe, thus my assertion -[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Go Globes!![/SIZE]

GO GLOBES!! GLOBES ROCK!! KINDA, SORTA,, ERRR UMMM, NOT REALLY... I guess they would roll if they did anything at all. Big Grin

I would like to invent an EC Globes t-shirt. Would I need to get it officially licensed??
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
I'm not a lawyer (and after this you'll know why) but here's my rationale on making v. licensing "globes" shirts.

Just set forth and make them. When it catches on EC will have no choice but to recognize them. If they try to sue -and thus claim the rights, the are in essence saying (in court) that they recognize and thus want the rights to be recognized as such. To own it is to be it. If they ignore them- they'll be in shock at the millions of shirts sold out of the back of trunks and wished that they would have done it. Something similar happened to the Stanford Cardinals. They didn't have a mascot so someone came up with Cardinal (for the color) and grabbing a last min mascot decided to use a local redwood tree. This is why when you go to a game you see a goofy looking tree flopping around- with the odd name Cardinal. Hey it's all good right?

As far as the name "Globes" it's kinda appropriate. Think about it- The world is our school. It reminds me of a posting on a military base near San Diego "no beach out of reach." Granted- it's not as cool sounding as the Tennessee Vols or the San Jose Spartans (OK I'm really bias, and those are my teams) but seriously, I thinks globes is accurate... Now if only Berkeley would change their mascot from a bear to a protester we'd have some truth in advertising. hilarious
Runner4064 Wrote:Now if only Berkeley would change their mascot from a bear to a protester we'd have some truth in advertising. hilarious

ROFLOL!!! hilarious hilarious hilarious
hey congratulations that is quite an accomplishment!
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

Did you have to take any upper level classes at EC or did/were you allowed to transfer in major req?

I have 50+ units in AoJ and Crim Justice, I winder what EC and TESC will say ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates at 11 years old... bjcheung77 2 454 05-30-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! mojave 13 1,622 08-21-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Its finally finished! withrown 18 2,880 08-15-2022, 12:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  Finished my Bachelors now onto my graduate sweetcrabhoney 9 2,093 12-31-2020, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Finished my first class in years! ms_butterfly 6 1,272 09-20-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Finished...Thank you! DeanLewis 15 3,266 08-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Last Post: sofinel
  Finished -- thank you! a2jc4life 10 3,199 10-20-2018, 02:27 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  I have finished all but some of the tests on Study.com Ancapman 8 3,060 12-20-2017, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Ancapman
  Associates in Computer ... something? BingCherry 61 7,202 06-02-2017, 12:20 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Associates degree and unrelated Bachelor's? (and Grad school enrollment) Ideas 31 5,344 05-16-2017, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Ideas