Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finer points of ALEKS?
Hi...I have a few questions about ALEKS (statistics specifically, but it they should apply to all).

Are "I don't know", leaving it blank, and putting the wrong answer all counted the same way in the grading of the assessment?

If you get one right, does it avoid asking those questions, or does it ask more?

If you get a couple of one type wrong, does it move onto something else?

Do they count your progress towards your percentage whatsoever? You could take the same assessment with 10 percent progress or with 90 percent progress, and would you get the same score with the same answers?

If you do some practice, and you get several types of questions right, will it ask you about those type of questions on your next assessment, or will it skip those as you have "mastered" them?

There seems to be some funky things going on in all the ALEKS courses I have taken. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

The people who wrote those algorithms are MUCH smarter than I, so I can't complain, I'm just wondering if anyone has figured out some of the quirks with ALEKS. It seems several people have several different experiences and form different opinions.

Thanks!!
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Aleks statistics was hard and took me forever to complete.

Do you remember when Bane in the Dark Knight Rises broke Bruce Wayne's back and brought him to the Pit in the desert? Remember how Bruce Wayne kept training to get out of the pit he had to climb but kept falling day in and day out.

That is exactly how the test is. If you miss a question you get a similar one and start going back down the pit. If you pass one you get a harder one and start going up the pit until you fall back down again. You must get 17.5 correct. .70 out of 25. Pay particular attention to the wording because if you miss it by anything you fail.

They have YouTube on Aleks that can help. Frankly, Good luck to you. That class was a nightmare and I am so glad to be done and never have to worry about it again. I was stuck in the Pit for at least 6 months.One day just like Mr. Wayne everything just clicked and I was able to do it.
Thanks.

I thought I failed the precalc assessment again on the last time I took it because I started clicking "I dont know" instead of guessing, and that ended up being the one I passed. Weird.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 11 3,856 05-12-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,663 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ALEKS and CSMlearn Kjblue 3 1,523 10-29-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Anyone frustrated with ALEKS? MeOldChina 8 2,869 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  How to register for ALEKS akr680 2 1,310 04-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Aleks courses Supermind 14 4,033 04-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Supermind
  Is Aleks still ACE accredited as of now? FilMor 28 6,436 12-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  ALEKS question - How does it teach math? magflo 8 5,888 05-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Can i pass all three ALEKS in my trial run ? sarahrahul 27 8,331 05-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  I don't understand Aleks Assessments smrt 17 3,713 05-03-2018, 08:00 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life