Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Financial aid (full aid)
Is someone approved for full aid at TESU? If yes how much are you paying for fee as full time student( I meant how much financial aid cover and how much you have to pay) ? I think full pell grant is $3200 for per semester. How much TSUE cost as full time student ? 
Thanks
Are you not continuing with UMPI?

TESU is $399/credit for NJ Residents, and $519/credit for non-residents, capped at $3579/4639 at 9+ credits (per term).
https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/per-credit
https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/flat-rate-tuition

Are you a US Citizen? If you aren't, do you fall into the criteria listed here? https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/el...s-citizens

If so, fill out the FAFSA, and speak to TESU about financial aid options.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
If you qualify for full financial aid, I think that you would probably spend less at UMPI even if you take longer to complete. I am not sure. bjcheung77 is more knowledgeable about financial aid stuff.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
When you say the words "Pell Grant" on this form, I sometimes know that it triggers REEEEEE for some people. lol

But hey, some people qualify for the Pell Grant, so it's worth talking about it even if most people don't qualify for it.

I used to know how the Pell Grant worked at TESU, but they changed their formula recently. So I know the Pell Grant won't apply for the residency waiver fee.

You need to find out how many courses you need to be a full-time student and how the Pell Grant money is divided per term.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
If I'm not mistaken, the current requirement at TESU for full Pell grant is 12... but the full amount of the largest Pell award doesn't come close to covering the cost of 12 credits. And at least from what I was told, neither Pell nor loans can be used to cover the cost of the residency waiver, which, to me, is ridiculous. So if you do the residency waiver option, you have to come up with 3 grand out of pocket.
(05-04-2022, 01:17 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If you qualify for full financial aid, I think that you would probably spend less at UMPI even if you take longer to complete. I am not sure. bjcheung77 is more knowledgeable about financial aid stuff.

Not to mention that UMPI would be eligible for the same Federal Student Aid (& conditions)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I wonder if the student loan can be used to cover living expenses? Meaning they basically are sending you a check. 

If that's the case, you could use that money for the residency fee waiver.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • studyingfortests
UMPI would be a better option for financial aid as you are technically able to take a full course load within Your Pace and get the max aid value. COSC, Excelsior, TESU and any butt in seat would be a bit harder as you need to take a few courses and these are not competency based, so you can't speed through them. I would stay the UMPI course... don't worry, about taking 2-3 terms, financial aid is there for you...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-04-2022, 04:10 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I wonder if the student loan can be used to cover living expenses? Meaning they basically are sending you a check. 

If that's the case, you could use that money for the residency fee waiver.

Yes. That's what I did.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • LevelUP
(05-04-2022, 07:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: UMPI would be a better option for financial aid as you are technically able to take a full course load within Your Pace and get the max aid value. COSC, Excelsior, TESU and any butt in seat would be a bit harder as you need to take a few courses and these are not competency based, so you can't speed through them.  I would stay the UMPI course... don't worry, about taking 2-3 terms, financial aid is there for you...

With UMPI financial aid is for the entire semester not just a single term in the semester. It's not based on the sessions but the semester. There's 3 semesters a year at UMPI so the financial aid package could be spread out to cover the 3 semesters. You'd need 4 courses per semester to be full time. This could be 4 classes in 1 session, 2 classes in session 1 and 2 classes in session 2, or 3 classes in 1 session and 1 class in 1 session. Any combo of 4 per semester gives you the number of credits required to receive a full financial aid package.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about TESU & financial aid Risingstar 13 2,160 03-01-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Risingstar
  Will financial aid cover PLA-100/200? WALLACEMC11 2 685 09-24-2021, 11:49 PM
Last Post: jch
  Financial AID Edriveless 4 835 06-02-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU financial aid question maxxor6868 10 2,058 04-13-2020, 10:05 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  Financial Aid-TESU Mitmike2019 2 1,095 01-09-2020, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Mitmike2019
  FINANCIAL AID Mitmike2019 2 901 12-29-2019, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Mitmike2019
  Financial accounting FishNDip 2 893 11-27-2019, 12:04 PM
Last Post: FishNDip
  Tesu financial aid missbootyfull 3 1,548 10-27-2019, 11:29 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  TESU Cornerstone and Capstone Financial Question BrighterFuture88 4 1,452 10-14-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  ePacks Not Eligible for Financial Aid @ TESU mysonx3 1 1,222 10-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Last Post: sanantone