Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filling in Gen Ed gaps
Hi all! I’m starting UMPI in Fall1 session and just got my transfer report. There are a few holes I’d like to fill before starting and wondered if anyone could help me with online options (Sophia if possible): GLO 2-D, GLO 3-C, GLO 3-E, GLO 4-A. (Also GLO 5-C but I think I’m going to do Instant Cert.) Thanks!
(05-27-2021, 08:14 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: Hi all! I’m starting UMPI in Fall1 session and just got my transfer report. There are a few holes I’d like to fill before starting and wondered if anyone could help me with online options (Sophia if possible): GLO 2-D, GLO 3-C, GLO 3-E, GLO 4-A. (Also GLO 5-C but I think I’m going to do Instant Cert.) Thanks!

I did all Sophia classes (except IT-related classes released in April 2021) and got UMPI evaluation from Jessica a week ago. Based on that GLO 4-A could be covered by Sophia (college readiness course). Also, I got GLO 3-C covered with Sophia's Human biology.

For GLO 3-E they accepted Astronomy class from ASU.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • Pikachu
Sophia's intro to ethics and art history 1 were super easy. I'm not sure what GLO they cover though
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
(05-27-2021, 08:35 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 08:14 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: Hi all! I’m starting UMPI in Fall1 session and just got my transfer report. There are a few holes I’d like to fill before starting and wondered if anyone could help me with online options (Sophia if possible): GLO 2-D, GLO 3-C, GLO 3-E, GLO 4-A. (Also GLO 5-C but I think I’m going to do Instant Cert.) Thanks!

I did all Sophia classes (except IT-related classes released in April 2021) and got UMPI evaluation from Jessica a week ago. Based on that GLO 4-A could be covered by Sophia (college readiness course). Also, I got GLO 3-C covered with Sophia's Human biology.

For GLO 3-E they accepted Astronomy class from ASU.
Thank you! I didn’t do either of those courses at Sophia. I did 13 others but I will start those this weekend! Thank you!

(05-27-2021, 08:46 PM)adegree4me Wrote: Sophia's intro to ethics and art history 1 were super easy. I'm not sure what GLO they cover though
I really enjoyed Ethics. I don’t think I need Art History but I’ll keep it in mind if need another elective. Thank you!
GEC 4A is not a course you can transfer in. Your orientation on YourPace fills this.
GEC 2D has to be a studio art course you transfer in. There is no Sophia equivalent. You'll need to take the course UMPI offers for this.
GEC 3C Sophia's Human Biology did not transfer in for this for me.
GEC 3E does not have a Sophia class. You can take a class on Study.com and transfer that in. You would take Biology 101L Introduction to Biology with Lab. It MUST be a lab science or you take the lab science through YourPace.
GEC 5C you can complete with Spanish 1 on InstantCert.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
It sounds like you need life science, and you need a science lab - the best way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone is to take Study.com's BIO 101L: Intro to Biology w/Lab. It will cost $199 for the month, plus $50 for the virtual lab. I would take an additional course, since you get it with your monthly subscription price. I'd probably just take SPA 101: Beginning Spanish; unless you can find something that will come in for your major instead.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Glad to hear the astronomy class from ASU was accepted to cover GEC 3e!

Anyone know whether Intro. to Health and Wellness from ASU could cover the GEC 3c?
Did someone check with UMPI to see if they would take Chemistry I with lab as the science requirement instead of the recommended Biology I with lab?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-28-2021, 01:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Did someone check with UMPI to see if they would take Chemistry I with lab as the science requirement instead of the recommended Biology I with lab?

I can't imagine why they wouldn't.  In this instance though, the OP needs a life science, so Chem w/lab wouldn't help (they'd get the lab, and they'd get an extra GE course/elective, but they'd still need a life science course after that).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-27-2021, 10:19 PM)ss20ts Wrote: GEC 4A is not a course you can transfer in. Your orientation on YourPace fills this.
GEC 2D has to be a studio art course you transfer in. There is no Sophia equivalent. You'll need to take the course UMPI offers for this.
GEC 3C Sophia's Human Biology did not transfer in for this for me.
GEC 3E does not have a Sophia class. You can take a class on Study.com and transfer that in. You would take Biology 101L Introduction to Biology with Lab. It MUST be a lab science or you take the lab science through YourPace.
GEC 5C you can complete with Spanish 1 on InstantCert.

Thank you!

(05-28-2021, 12:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It sounds like you need life science, and you need a science lab - the best way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone is to take Study.com's BIO 101L: Intro to Biology w/Lab.  It will cost $199 for the month, plus $50 for the virtual lab.  I would take an additional course, since you get it with your monthly subscription price.  I'd probably just take SPA 101: Beginning Spanish; unless you can find something that will come in for your major instead.

Thank you! Wondering if Beginning Spanish from Study.com would transfer in like Instacert's Spanish? Assuming so?