Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest Associates + Question regarding block credit transfers
Hopefully this will make sense.

I have 47 CC credits, a bunch of random ACE credit at this point., straighterline, aleks and the common ones that a lot of you also have.

I am wondering if I transferred to a school using all the credits I have accumulated in order to get an associates.

Then afterwards I used that associates and applied to another school lets say UW flex option, or any of these state schools that also have competency based programs. As an associates wouldn't most schools take all the credits as a block of transfer (60 credit). At that point of transfer I would have 60 credits.

I mean I am mainly just thinking out loud here. I am planning on enrolling into Hodges starting next week but the UW flex option is appealing. Just for the ability to put UW on a resume. I also like how the UW option has more options then Hodges.

Like if I don't like IT i could try and go for the RN program.
I don't think most schools take block credit. Even WGU, which specifically mentions it, says "[SIZE=2]If you hold an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree from an institution that is recognized as nationally or regionally accredited by the U.S. Department of Education, you should clear all or many of the lower-division requirements for a bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Technology. For Health Professions and Teachers College programs, a course-by-course evaluation is typically required. Only an official transcript evaluation can determine how many requirements you may be able to waive."

And, the UW Nursing program is RN-to-BSN - that means that you already have to have your RN (and probably your ASN), and you're just finishing your bachelor's degree.

[/SIZE]
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
yb1 Wrote:Hopefully this will make sense.

I have 47 CC credits, a bunch of random ACE credit at this point., straighterline, aleks and the common ones that a lot of you also have.

I am wondering if I transferred to a school using all the credits I have accumulated in order to get an associates.

Then afterwards I used that associates and applied to another school lets say UW flex option, or any of these state schools that also have competency based programs. As an associates wouldn't most schools take all the credits as a block of transfer (60 credit). At that point of transfer I would have 60 credits.

I mean I am mainly just thinking out loud here. I am planning on enrolling into Hodges starting next week but the UW flex option is appealing. Just for the ability to put UW on a resume. I also like how the UW option has more options then Hodges.

Dfrecore is right, most schools don't take block credit.
The way to get a perfect block credit transfer is to use an AA program that has a written agreement with a university. In your case, you want to go to UW flex (I don't know what that is, but it makes no difference in my suggestion) just go to their website and type in "transfer student" poke around and then also try "articulation agreement" and see what pops. If they have block transfer arrangements, then you need to complete your AA with one of those schools.

Using ACE credit at a traditional university is painful. My main suggestion is to visit the Alternative Credit Project partner list and see if any schools are there. Even though ACP doesn't include SL or ALEKS, the fact that the schools on those lists accept ACE credit means that they may consider SL and ALEKS- it's a start anyway.

You can also look on the SL website and see about their partner schools. That list differs a lot from the ACP list.

You'll just have to do a lot of mix and match- and see what you can find. Most roads lead you back to one of the big 3 when you've already accumulated a lot of credit and it includes ACE credit.
yb1 Wrote:Hopefully this will make sense.

Let me ask, do you have 47 in all, or 47 PLUS a bunch of ACE credit? How many? It might be more efficient to earn a BA at this point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 173,977 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,777 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 354 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 271 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,976 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 231 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 10 2,048 07-10-2024, 09:36 PM
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 508 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 775 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Associates at 11 years old... bjcheung77 2 472 05-30-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Spyrine