Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
(10-03-2021, 02:01 AM)ashkir Wrote: I just ended up paying someone to translate a video in Russian so I can finish my LAST milestone for change management.

...What?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ashkir, Novo
(10-03-2021, 02:01 AM)ashkir Wrote: I just ended up paying someone to translate a video in Russian so I can finish my LAST milestone for change management.

WHAT?? Why? The undergrad course didn't have a Russian video. So ridiculous!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir
(10-03-2021, 11:25 AM)ss20ts Wrote:

WHAT?? Why? The undergrad course didn't have a Russian video. So ridiculous!

TRIO is on vacation. This seems to be Jessica's second 2 week period she's been out this term. Cody's just saying "I reported it to the platform" but nothing gets done. I was stuck on it and I kept asking for help so I had to get it myself. 

They really dropped the ball this time around. I had such a pleasant experience in the undergrad. I'm regretting this masters so much. but I'm almost done.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
Five milestones left and one final essay progress!!!
[-] The following 5 users Like ashkir's post:
  • BetaBen, Novo, P226mem, rachel83az, ss20ts
I am down to my final milestones, total of 9 pages for these milestones, plus a five page powerpoint, and a 7 minute narration.

Last final as well:
- 20ish pages
- You must use sources from ALL MILESTONES AND ALL PREVIOUS WORK FROM ALL PAST CLASSES

Taht final D:::

D:::

D:::

That's a lot of backtracking
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • ss20ts
(10-02-2021, 10:47 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 09:43 AM)jadkins77 Wrote: Is this history professor Sebold, by chance? I'm doing HYT301 right now and it's a lot more than I expected, mainly because I know nothing about the topic. I find it quite dry and am struggling to get into it. I just submitted my first milestone and know that the final is also a PowerPoint. If it is Sebold does anyone has any info on how she typically responds to milestones. (As in, asks for changes or just gives feedback for final?

Yes, Professor Sebold. Although my last class with Prof. Zaborney, HTY 454 Slavery, also has a 30 slide+ 2000 word PowerPoint. I did not take HTY 301 at UMPI since I transferred in Medieval History from APUS. I did take HTY 116 and HTY 313 with her... World Civ 2 and Early Modern Europe.

Feedback from Prof. Sebold was short and positive. I got the impression she would say something if changes were needed but they never were. She was always fast at getting milestones and finals back, which was great.

I am guessing that HTY 301 is about the same length as 313. Most of the history classes, except Vietnam which was short, have been about the same length. The only real length difference being the final project and my preference to write an essay. 

I have never received anything but positive feedback with no requests for changes in any of my classes. I don't know if that is normal or just me.
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
(10-04-2021, 12:55 AM)TMcClary Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 09:43 AM)jadkins77 Wrote: Is this history professor Sebold, by chance? I'm doing HYT301 right now and it's a lot more than I expected, mainly because I know nothing about the topic. I find it quite dry and am struggling to get into it. I just submitted my first milestone and know that the final is also a PowerPoint. If it is Sebold does anyone has any info on how she typically responds to milestones. (As in, asks for changes or just gives feedback for final?

Yes, Professor Sebold. Although my last class with Prof. Zaborney, HTY 454 Slavery, also has a 30 slide+ 2000 word PowerPoint. I did not take HTY 301 at UMPI since I transferred in Medieval History from APUS. I did take HTY 116 and HTY 313 with her... World Civ 2 and Early Modern Europe.

Feedback from Prof. Sebold was short and positive. I got the impression she would say something if changes were needed but they never were. She was always fast at getting milestones and finals back, which was great.

I am guessing that HTY 301 is about the same length as 313. Most of the history classes, except Vietnam which was short, have been about the same length. The only real length difference being the final project and my preference to write an essay. 

I have never received anything but positive feedback with no requests for changes in any of my classes. I don't know if that is normal or just me.

Super helpful! Thanks so much. I'm working on my third milestone and haven't had feedback on the first or second yet so I am hoping I don't have to backtrack. Did you like the Vietnam class? I was debating that vs. Environmental History.
(10-04-2021, 07:54 AM)jadkins77 Wrote:

Super helpful! Thanks so much. I'm working on my third milestone and haven't had feedback on the first or second yet so I am hoping I don't have to backtrack. Did you like the Vietnam class? I was debating that vs. Environmental History.
Vietnam has many hours of a PBS documentary to watch (8-10 plus a couple more videos). There are only 2 milestones and a 1500 word final essay based on the milestones. I did like the class. I think it took me four days total but I had seen the PBS documentary before so I only needed to rewatch a few hours of it. There is reading as well but I am a bad judge of what other people think is a lot. I don’t think it was a ton of reading. The reading was interesting.

ETA: I am shocked she has not gotten back to you. I would get responses from her within 12 hours. She teaches a lot of the more popular classes so she is probably busier now than at the beginning of the term when I took them. It seems like ages ago to me even though it has only been a few weeks!
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
Whew! I finally submitted my draft for Operations Mgmt this morning. If all goes well with it, I'm officially done with all my requirements!!!! You all are awesome; thanks so much for all the help & encouragement.

(10-04-2021, 10:18 AM)TMcClary Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 07:54 AM)jadkins77 Wrote:

Vietnam has many hours of a PBS documentary to watch (8-10 plus a couple more videos). There are only 2 milestones and a 1500 word final essay based on the milestones. I did like the class. I think it took me four days total but I had seen the PBS documentary before so I only needed to rewatch a few hours of it. There is reading as well but I am a bad judge of what other people think is a lot. I don’t think it was a ton of reading. The reading was interesting.

ETA: I am shocked she has not gotten back to you. I would get responses from her within 12 hours. She teaches a lot of the more popular classes so she is probably busier now than at the beginning of the term when I took them. It seems like ages ago to me even though it has only been a few weeks!

I haven't had any classes with Professor Sebold. All of mine were with Dr. Zaborney or Dr. Defelice. They're both awesome and return milestones and drafts very quickly (mostly within 12-24 hours). I never had to revise any of my drafts for them either, so maybe it's a History/Pol Sci thing? All my non-HTY/POS classes were multiple-choice.. except for one and I just submitted that draft today.
Has anyone taken Project Management 400? I just found out that it isn’t offered through the platform.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 307 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,286 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 600 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 447 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 839 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 730 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila