Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
(09-08-2021, 01:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 01:11 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: Hi Ashkir, I logged into Bluera, I have not task or reports. How do I add anything on there and put in my review?

You have to wait for the last week of the term. This is when UMPI uploads your courses. It may be sooner. UMPI will send you an email when you can leave reviews. Each course will have one.

Ugh....really? I really wanted to put my thoughts on there. I'm so annoyed. But thanks for clarifying it for me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes carebear_007's post:
  • ashkir
(09-08-2021, 01:29 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: Ugh....really? I really wanted to put my thoughts on there. I'm so annoyed. But thanks for clarifying it for me.

You can email them to yourself and then add them when it opens. They do it at the end so they only have to load the classes once. You can always email feedback to the Director of YourPace now.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir, carebear_007
(09-04-2021, 04:57 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: I’m about to submit my third milestone for Creative Writing and the professor is super. Fun class! I’m also taking PJC180 and it is making me rethink my English major. ? Has anyone taken that class? Seems pretty impossible to get passed through milestones.

Thank you for sharing about your UMPI courses this term.  Can you please tell me the name of your Creative Writing professor?  The class sounds great!  Thanks  Smile

I'm wondering if anyone has taken Education courses through YourPace. I'm looking at the minor in Educational Studies and would like to get feedback about the classes for that degree.  Thanks in advance for sharing!
(09-08-2021, 03:46 PM)LoveToLearn Wrote: Thank you for sharing about your UMPI courses this term.  Can you please tell me the name of your Creative Writing professor?  The class sounds great!  Thanks  Smile

I'm wondering if anyone has taken Education courses through YourPace. I'm looking at the minor in Educational Studies and would like to get feedback about the classes for that degree.  Thanks in advance for sharing!

Just a heads up....we don't get to choose who our professors are in the YourPace courses. We don't even know who's the professor until the class starts quite often. 

I don't have any feedback on the Educational Studies minor. I didn't complete that one. Do you have any other questions about YourPace? I'm happy to help you.
Any suggestions for upper level electives for someone trying to finish the BLS fast? I need 7 and I will be choosing from the Business and / or Education category. I would think the courses with exams would be fastest but most final assessments are usually projects and papers. (I will be taking Human Resource Management and Operations Management already for my minor.)

I would add Marketing as well but don't know if those are available as electives yet. They are listed for the BA in business administration with the concentration in Marketing. Anyone know about those?

Your suggestions from experience help greatly!
(09-08-2021, 05:45 PM)Ann7 Wrote: Any suggestions for upper level electives for someone trying to finish the BLS  fast? I need 7 and I will be choosing from the Business and / or Education category. I would think the courses with exams would be fastest but most final assessments are usually projects and papers. (I will be taking Human Resource Management and Operations Management already for my minor.)  

I would add Marketing as well but don't know if those are available as electives yet.  They are listed for the BA in business administration with the concentration in Marketing. Anyone know about those?

I'm taking BUS 330 right now, I don't see why it wouldn't be available for you. It's multiple choice final.
(09-08-2021, 05:45 PM)Ann7 Wrote: Any suggestions for upper level electives for someone trying to finish the BLS  fast? I need 7 and I will be choosing from the Business and / or Education category. I would think the courses with exams would be fastest but most final assessments are usually projects and papers. (I will be taking Human Resource Management and Operations Management already for my minor.)  

I would add Marketing as well but don't know if those are available as electives yet.  They are listed for the BA in business administration with the concentration in Marketing. Anyone know about those?

You should ask your advisor which courses have exams. I haven't taken BUS330 yet but I think that one has an exam.
I just submitted my drafts for my final written and oral assessments for French 101. If you have any familiarity with the language, I think this competency is very easy. I took French for 2 years in high school, but haven't really used it since. I think it would have been more difficult if I wasn't familiar with French, or learning foreign languages.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sksandorff90's post:
  • ashkir
(09-08-2021, 09:47 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote: I just submitted my drafts for my final written and oral assessments for French 101. If you have any familiarity with the language, I think this competency is very easy. I took French for 2 years in high school, but haven't really used it since. I think it would have been more difficult if I wasn't familiar with French, or learning foreign languages.
Thanks. (I transferred Spanish in.) Good to know for those needing a language still. Actually, I need the Upper 300/ 400 classes for electives...
(09-08-2021, 09:47 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote: I just submitted my drafts for my final written and oral assessments for French 101. If you have any familiarity with the language, I think this competency is very easy. I took French for 2 years in high school, but haven't really used it since. I think it would have been more difficult if I wasn't familiar with French, or learning foreign languages.

i was waived from the oral part. But, I took 2 years of French in high school too. It felt like a refresher. Do you have Madame Mendes for this class? I did and I really liked her.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 307 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,286 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 600 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 449 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 839 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 731 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila