Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
(09-03-2021, 04:01 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 03:56 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I’m still learning the proper chain of command. Should I have emailed Cody instead of reaching out to the professor directly?

Nope. You had a question about the Final Assessment so you contact the professor. When there's an issue such as the professor telling you to complete something different from the Final Assessment, you should reply with a copy of the Final Assessment and if they still want something different, that's when you go to Cody. They have to accept the Final Assessment as it is written when you start the course. They can't change it after the fact.
That’s what I thought. But what if she insists on having me do it differently as her email states? I’d feel so uncomfortable challenging it.
(09-03-2021, 05:41 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: That’s what I thought. But what if she insists on having me do it differently as her email states? I’d feel so uncomfortable challenging it.

It's probably a good time to talk to Cody
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(09-03-2021, 05:41 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: That’s what I thought. But what if she insists on having me do it differently as her email states? I’d feel so uncomfortable challenging it.

You're not challenging her. You're asking for clarification. We are given our Final Assessments and the professors are supposed to stick to the instructions we're given. If she comes back and wants it altered, this is when you go to Cody and explain the situation.

I'm noticing that all of the professors are no longer from UMPI. I have a few from the University of Maine at Kent which is the U of M campus to the north of UMPI. They have several programs in cohorts for on campus students. There are professors from this school now as well. This appears to be the first semester for them so they aren't familiar with the program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • carebear_007
(09-03-2021, 09:30 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

You're not challenging her. You're asking for clarification. We are given our Final Assessments and the professors are supposed to stick to the instructions we're given. If she comes back and wants it altered, this is when you go to Cody and explain the situation.

I'm noticing that all of the professors are no longer from UMPI. I have a few from the University of Maine at Kent which is the U of M campus to the north of UMPI. They have several programs in cohorts for on campus students. There are professors from this school now as well. This appears to be the first semester for them so they aren't familiar with the program.
I agree with ss20ts here. YourPace professors have usually been pretty willing to talk and clarify things. They seem really excited to help Smile
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • carebear_007
I’m about to submit my third milestone for Creative Writing and the professor is super. Fun class! I’m also taking PJC180 and it is making me rethink my English major. ? Has anyone taken that class? Seems pretty impossible to get passed through milestones.
(09-04-2021, 04:57 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: I’m about to submit my third milestone for Creative Writing and the professor is super. Fun class! I’m also taking PJC180 and it is making me rethink my English major. ? Has anyone taken that class? Seems pretty impossible to get passed through milestones.
I switched to the BLS after all. I'm taking Leadership though which I think might eventually be one of your classes. I like it. It is a good course really for any career. I have nothing to compare it to yet, but the first milestone has been easy. My teacher responded encouragingly so that was nice.

Is creative writing a lengthy class to get through time wise? I will need to take that or the critical thinking course to cover the arts requirement.  GLad it's enjoyable for you!
4 essays of 12 milestone essays down now. Woof.

Not looking forward to the final however...

That final is also the largest I've ever see on YourPace. 20 page essay, plus 15 page communication essay, and 20 slide powerpoint, and a video recording describing your powerpoint, and an oral argument for the communication plan.
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • BetaBen, Novo, ss20ts
Good to know about the leadership class! I may do that next. I am going to look and see how many of my future classes the professor for PJC class is teaching and decide if I want to stick it out or switch gears. It’s a plus that this is my first term, so I’m not far in. As for Creative Writing, I think there are four, maybe five, milestones and they become the portfolio for final. It has been very straightforward and the professor gave wonderful feedback and made sure to note that I should keep moving along. I hope the majority of the classes are like the experience I am having with this specific class. Let’s keep in touch! How many classes do you have left at UMPI?
(09-04-2021, 05:35 PM)ashkir Wrote: 4 essays of 12 milestone essays down now. Woof.

That final is also the largest I've ever see on YourPace. 20 page essay, plus 15 page communication essay, and 20 slide powerpoint, and a video recording describing your powerpoint, and an oral argument for the communication plan.

Dude you're soooooo going to need that vacation! That's ridiculous!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Novo
(09-04-2021, 05:47 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-04-2021, 05:35 PM)ashkir Wrote: 4 essays of 12 milestone essays down now. Woof.

Dude you're soooooo going to need that vacation! That's ridiculous!

Oh get this. 1/3rd of concept 1 was copied and pasted from undergrad change management same videoes and articles. concept 2 has an entire section on SMART and Risk Matrix, which I've seen 4 times now. I get to write essays on SMART for the 4th time. yay me. 

They really want us to know our SMART and Kotter model's don't they?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • BetaBen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 302 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,282 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 576 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 441 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 824 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 726 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila