Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Failed classes
Can we retake a failed class from UMPI, or take it through Sophia and transfer that to UMPI?  Will Jessica allow that? My mother in law died a week and a half ago, so I didn't finish my story or the final milestone.
(08-27-2023, 10:10 PM)prissy1pris Wrote: Can we retake a failed class from UMPI, or take it through Sophia and transfer that to UMPI?  Will Jessica allow that? My mother in law died a week and a half ago, so I didn't finish my story or the final milestone.

Did you talk to your profs about this? Bereavement leave is a thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Duneranger's post:
  • ExistentialCrisis
@prissy1pris, my condolences... To start, you want to get in contact with UMPI and explain what happened, ask for options to finish the course/get a better grade, etc. The professor, your advisor, registrar, whoever that person may be, will be able to assist you further, they need to know what happened and will provide you ways to complete the course and 'finish' the degree.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-28-2023, 12:14 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @prissy1pris, my condolences... To start, you want to get in contact with UMPI and explain what happened, ask for options to finish the course/get a better grade, etc.  The professor, your advisor, registrar, whoever that person may be, will be able to assist you further, they need to know what happened and will provide you ways to complete the course and 'finish' the degree.
It seemed like after I sent the teacher the message that happened (it was in the very last day though), that the F was in the grades section.  It is what it is.  

I just want to know if I can take it through Sophia and pass it that way, if they'll accept those credits.
If you take it at Sophia, they should accept it. But it won't change your GPA. Retaking it at UMPI will help with your GPA.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-27-2023, 10:10 PM)prissy1pris Wrote: Can we retake a failed class from UMPI, or take it through Sophia and transfer that to UMPI?  Will Jessica allow that? My mother in law died a week and a half ago, so I didn't finish my story or the final milestone.

I am sorry for your loss, my condolences. My sister passed away during the summer session and they wouldn't allow me extra time, just to withdraw. Double check with Jessica but I believe if a class was failed you can retake it, but it has to be at UMPI and not transferred in through an alternative source. Hopefully they'll make an exception for you or possibly allow a 'W" rather than an 'F'. I have retaken a class I withdrew from and transferred from Sophia so if you appeal the grade and receive a "W" instead then I know you can retake on Sophia in that case.  I would definitely reach out to Jessica.
@Infinite-Telephone52, my condolences as well. I hope you can get through this difficult time and get your degree completed with as little issues as possible. Keep going/moving forward and working on each and every courses you need. Good luck, press forward...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Retaking the course at UMPI is a better option as you'll be familiar with the UMPI curriculum and professors, and the credits will be guaranteed to transfer.
Buckshot Roulette
(08-28-2023, 10:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Infinite-Telephone52, my condolences as well.  I hope you can get through this difficult time and get your degree completed with as little issues as possible.  Keep going/moving forward and working on each and every courses you need.  Good luck, press forward...
@bjcheung77 I just saw your reply now, thank you very much. I was able to graduate in the Fall, and now I'm onto my MBA at WGU. Thanks again!

Reach out to Jessica or your course instructor as soon as possible. Explain your situation, the circumstances surrounding your inability to complete the final milestone, and inquire about any possible options or accommodations.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Completed 20 classes this term Sean1234 24 2,626 07-29-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BBA PM & IS timeline 16 classes seven9781 1 246 07-03-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting classes at umpi, most did these at sdc Sarajane 7 628 06-24-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: CharisandJon
  Sophia Classes for BA Psych? CollegeBraveB 6 1,295 06-10-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Star Degree Planning - Help with Choosing UL POS classes Marlin9276 2 423 05-19-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Marlin9276
  Anyone have experience with these classes? HappyPeanut 2 508 05-09-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: HappyPeanut
  How do I know which of my classes will transfer? mt_1994 6 654 05-07-2024, 07:58 PM
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements asdfasd78 5 584 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  What accounting classes require exams or paper? I have 11 classes left Sarajane 7 794 04-20-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Sarajane
  Which Sophia Classes Meet These Requirements? gc82 2 543 03-15-2024, 10:15 AM