Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed Test Experiences?
I failed A&I, supposedly the easiest. I was getting migraines during the exam. Now if it was Analyzing and Interpreting Rap, I would've passed. "To be or not to be" gives me headaches but "Quick to the point, to the point, no fakin, cooking MC's like a pound of bacon", now that's what I'm talking about.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
taylor Wrote:I failed A&I, supposedly the easiest. I was getting migraines during the exam. Now if it was Analyzing and Interpreting Rap, I would've passed. "To be or not to be" gives me headaches but "Quick to the point, to the point, no fakin, cooking MC's like a pound of bacon", now that's what I'm talking about.

WHAT'' WHAT'' hilarious
Started 5/09
*** EXAMS PASSED***
[SIZE="1"]Hist I & II, American Gov, Intro to Comp, Prin of Markt, Intro to Bus,
Civil War and Recon, HTYH, A&I Lit, SS & His, Intro Soc, Subs Abuse,
Human G & D , Fund of Coun, Western Civ I, II, Freshman Comp, Vietnam War, Europe Since 1945, Ethics, Technical Writing, Intro to Modern Middle East[SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

TESC:
FEMA: PD Series
ALEK :[/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="1"][I]
“I think therefore I am” Rene Descartes
"Grant me the strength to change the things I can; the serenity to accept the things I can’t... and the wisdom to know the difference".Smile Smile
[/SIZE]
[/B][/I]
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Navy"]For those who believe, no proof is necessary; for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. [I][I][I][I][SIZE="1"]Stuart Chase[/SIZE][/I][/I][/I][/I]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
ICE-ICE-BABYYYYYYYYConfusedmilelol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
kris10elayne Wrote:Of all the CLEP tests I've taken so far (6), The American Government CLEP I took today was my first failed test (I failed with a 49). I felt completely confident to take the test, having studied 4 hours a day for the past several weeks with the REA study guide, the Official Clep Study Guide, and IC. A few days ago I took the second practice test for the first time in the REA study guide and made a 68.
So I'm really at a loss for why I wasn't ready for the exam.

Does anyone else have any failed test experiences similar to mine?
I'm taking it again in 6 months- does anyone have any advice on how I could be better prepared next time?

Your post sounds just like my experience. I took American Government about a 10 months ago and only studied the REA and the Petersons exams. I went in to take it very confident about passing it. After I finished the test the result screen popped up and it said I scored a 44. I was very upset because I thought I was going to pass it.

I just took it again last week and passed it with a 52. I used IntantCert Flashcards and the Standard Deviants videos. I only studied for about a week but felt more confident going in the second time. The exam starts off very easy and then the second half has you guessing on many of the questions. I'm just glad I was able to pull out a passing score. I'm sure you'll pull it off the second time around.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
I failed Spanish CLEP too. The irony is that I aced Spanish in HS and college, although it was 2 decades ago. When I took the CLEP my advisor told me that I could only receive a maximum of 6 credits as opposed to 12 since I took a 200 level course at a B&M which I already got credit for. Knowing this, I went in cold, thinking I could pull out a 50 for the 6 credits. Once the Listening Comprehension began I became MUY NERVIOSO. I just wanted to yell at the recording, "SILENCIO!!!".
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
Thank you everyone for your advice/encouragement!

Someone earlier had asked if I had mastered the IC cards?
I did actually- There are several hundred since January but I was able to score in the upper 90s with all of the sets.

Since this is my first test fail (I never failed a test throughout high school either- I'm a bit of a perfectionist haha) I definitely wanted to post and get some advice from people who have been doing this longer with more experience.
I have to stop reading this thread, it's terrifying me!! All you smart people failed a test. I only have two more, I need to boycott this thread until I'm done!!

:roflol:
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
I failed my first CLEP (History of the US part 1 or something like that). It burned me so bad cause I was a pretty big History buff. Only until I passed my first DSST did I resume CLEPS/DSST.

You fail, you pick up the pieces and try again. Even if you fail and take the test a second time its cheaper than most schools.
Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union DSST - 54
Intor. to World Religions DSST - 63
English Literature CLEP - 47 (1st test) 55 (2nd test)
American Literature CLEP - 64

BA English, St. Edward's University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 12 1,711 07-31-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 230 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Test score rogeryoung 4 498 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 450 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 795 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,251 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Level 5 from UK, what have been your experiences? elcastor21 3 613 09-19-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UC Berkeley failed to disclose $240 million in funds from China elcastor21 3 691 09-07-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Finlandia University - Plan didn't work...failed to save itself! bjcheung77 6 1,085 05-19-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 1,333 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso