Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior/DSST exams and instacert
For the sake of comparison, I'm about to take the ECE exam Psychology of Adulthood and Aging using only Instacert. I've studied for about 3 hours so far and estimate that I will study another 6-8 hours before taking the test early next week. I will post the results as soon as i have them.

I've been trying to ascertain whether or not this will consistently produce a passing score. Already took DSST Civil War and studied EXTENSIVELY for many months using supplemental info as well. Scored very well but simply need a pass on my remaining exams. Took USSR the other day just using Instacert and Rudman and about 3 weeks study so I'll know around Xmas on that one and pass it on...

Taken
DSST Civil War (63)
DSST USSR (waiting)
Upcoming
ECE Psych of aging
ECE Geronotology
ECE Ab Psych
DSST: Drug & Alcohol

Then....DONE!!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]If you're looking to satisfy a theory as to whether it is possible to achieve a passing grade with just one source (I.C.) note that the end results may not prove favorable.

In other words know this, and I speak from a vast (I.C.) experience - InstantCert IS GREAT (second to none)....however, can anyone (myself included) depend solely on just one singular source of information need to pass an exam? Is it worth the risk?

Decide as you will and I wish you GOOD LUCK!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Personally to me it is not worth the risk, time or money involved. I always use as many resources as I can find, even if it takes me an extra week to study. The way I see it is like this, the more resources you use the better your chances are to pass the exam.
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Rob
Pursuing a BS Liberal Arts (Excelsior College) One mo to go! Upcoming exams: CLEP College Math[/SIZE]
I have taken and passed the courses you need using IC and minimum outside website practice quizzes. That said, it was a risk, but it paid off as I passed all 4 with a B or higher. This may not work for all, and if you try this method, be sure to know the information inside out and TAKE AS MANY PRACTICE EXAMS AS YOU CAN FIND. It really comes down to comprehension levels and interpreting the test questions correctly.

Now that I've passed these, I'll second what the others have already posted, study as many sources as possible. In the end, only you will know if you're ready. As I prepare for my finale two, I find I have the same apprehension you have. I look forward to the day I don't have test anxiety as a constant companion.

Please do a search on the subject you need on this forum, most of the info you're requesting has been covered extensively already. I know, because I had to do the same thing. Good Luck, Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
I personally would not set a toenail into an exam room without more than one source, but that's me. I have to know that I will pass.
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 558 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 429 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 203 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 546 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 572 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,412 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Excelsior---Liberal Arts Degree midnite123 5 798 10-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 960 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,221 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 644 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore