Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics in American Videos
What is the difference between the CLEP and DSST exams if I purchase the CLEP is it the same? I don't mind paying for them. If anyone could tell me that would be great. Thanks.
No CLEP and DSST are different exams, but they may well be accepted as credit for the same class. It depends on the school.

Look in the specific feedback forum for both exams and compare what people say about them. The easiest way to find the exam threads is to sort the forum by title -- click on the word "Title" on the top left and then it is in alphabetical order.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Hi, I just started to prepare this exam. i am giving excelsior ethics theory and practice. I thought before starting practice test, I wanted to watch annenberg video but just below video window there is warning of licensing required, i could open video but got confused about licensing. If i have to pay, i don't want to watch it. I already bought 101 notes and ec practice test. can anyone explain what this license is? it requires license to watch or not? thanks!
The videos are free to watch for a private viewer. If a teacher, professor, instructor, etc. is using the videos in an educational setting such as a college or high school, then he or she is required to pay for licensing.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I found the InstantCert flashcards were a good preparation for this test. Ethics in America requires you to memorize landmark legislation and definitions of terms, so it is something that you can use flashcards to learn.

EDIT - I took business ethics and society, not Ethics in America.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
sanantone Wrote:The videos are free to watch for a private viewer. If a teacher, professor, instructor, etc. is using the videos in an educational setting such as a college or high school, then he or she is required to pay for licensing.
thanks sanantone! I will watch those today!
ryoder, i went over instacert once. for gerontology instacert helped me a lot but some of the things in ethics are difficult to understand. I am hoping video would help me.
how to watch hinmam video? I don't seem to be able to open it. Lawrence M. Hinman, Lectures on Ethical Theory. Fall 2001.. I re downloaded realplayer, still could not find a way to watch. if anyone has working link/youtube please share. i got only 38% in ec practice test, so instacert or 101 notes are not going to be enough.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 44 6,146 05-18-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 55 9,626 05-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,544 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 3,651 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 809 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,690 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 4,898 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  National Trends in Grade Inflation for American Colleges LevelUP 1 629 09-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  Most underemployed majors according to the U.S. Census American Community Survey sanantone 33 3,570 09-01-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 916 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z