Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UMPI - University of Maine at Presque Isle Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-UMPI-University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle-Discussion)
+--- Thread: English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 (/Thread-English-comp-2-vs-Worplace-Writing-2)

Pages: 1 2

English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 - NewbieLearner - 10-11-2024

Hi all. just a quick question here.  
looking at the spreadsheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ehz4BAZO-_DZjZ1H4MujT-VjndIy_Ovr6xjyrekMJ1o/edit?pli=1&gid=524351696#gid=524351696

it shows that Sophia Eng Comp2 and Worplace Writing 2 BOTH cover the requirements for 1B 2C and 4B 

is this correct that they are interchangeable?   Does anyone have a suggestion as to which is quicker / easier?

from the number of challenges and the 1 less touchstone it looks like Workplace 2 would be the better choice

thanks!

RE: English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 - ss20ts - 10-11-2024

Yes both courses will transfer in for Eng Comp 2 at UMPI. WW2 has fewer papers than Eng Comp 2 so that's the one most often recommended currently.

RE: English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 - NewbieLearner - 10-11-2024

(10-11-2024, 09:59 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Yes both courses will transfer in for Eng Comp 2 at UMPI. WW2 has fewer papers than Eng Comp 2 so that's the one most often recommended currently.

thanks for the quick reply.  glad to confirm i was reading it correctly!

RE: English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 - RachelB - 10-11-2024

(10-11-2024, 11:55 AM)NewbieLearner Wrote:
(10-11-2024, 09:59 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Yes both courses will transfer in for Eng Comp 2 at UMPI. WW2 has fewer papers than Eng Comp 2 so that's the one most often recommended currently.

thanks for the quick reply.  glad to confirm i was reading it correctly!

WWII is the way to go!

RE: English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 - bjcheung77 - 10-12-2024

Unless you're going for a different degree elsewhere (say TESU or something else), I'd stick with the easier option for now...

RE: English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 - NewbieLearner - 10-12-2024

(10-12-2024, 11:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Unless you're going for a different degree elsewhere (say TESU or something else), I'd stick with the easier option for now...

I am pretty set on UMPI i think at this point.   actually, since you are the person to ask -  Biology LAB and Microbiology LAB  at Sophia.... Do they both transfer as just a total of 3 credits?

example:  Sophia Bio and Bio Lab = 3 total lower level credits
               Sophia MicroBio and MicroBio lab = 3 total Upper Level credits  

Sorry to change topics like that.  just didn't want to dirty up the forum with another post for a simple question.

RE: English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 - jg_nuy - 10-12-2024

The bio or chem classes plus their labs are 4 credits total (3+1).

RE: English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 - ss20ts - 10-12-2024

Human Biology is 3 credits. The lab is 1 credit. So it's a total of 4 credits if you complete both. You must take the lab course to get the credit as well.

RE: English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 - NewbieLearner - 10-12-2024

Thank you both for answering. That is a nice bonus!! i know Sophia lists them both as 3 and 1 but i sort of got the impression with UMPI they just sort of lumped it together as
bio w/lab = 3 and micro w/lab = 3

Not to over stay my welcome adding on questions but... I took Foundations of Statistics and College Readiness on Sophia. Am i correct that UMPI will not take either of these at all?

I did them before I knew UMPI existed

RE: English comp 2 vs Worplace Writing 2 - Hotdogman1 - 10-12-2024

(10-12-2024, 03:06 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Human Biology is 3 credits. The lab is 1 credit. So it's a total of 4 credits if you complete both. You must take the lab course to get the credit as well.

I thought you had to take the corresponding lab for 3E. Do you no longer get credit if you don't do the lab?

3C: Human Biology
3D: Microbiology
3E: Microbiology Lab