Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embry-Riddle ABET engineering
For those looking into becoming an Engineer, and need a quick paced ABET accredited program from a big name.

Embry-Riddles Worldwide online university is the place!

It’s 100% online, and they offer 10 undergraduate, and 5 master degrees. They offer an A.S in Engineering fundamentals which is ABET accredited, and listed as a stepping stone into their BSE degree ABET. 
Sessions are 9 weeks in length, and it’s learning at your own pace. Tuition is $450 per credit hour, which is a little pricey, but the veterans rate is $265 per hour!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Before Gi bill) If you went as an average student at the full time rate of 12 credits/semester you’d be at $10,800/Y, or $6,360 for veterans. This would take 5 years total time going steady, but it would allow for practically Zero Debt if using pell grant coupled with working. (Most engineering students take 5 years).

72% acceptance rate, and it appears 12 credit hours+ a 2.0 is transfer entry; Link to A.S https://erau.edu/degrees/associate/engin...ndamentals Link to BSE; https://erau.edu/degrees/bachelor/engineering Link to MS Aerospace engineering; https://erau.edu/degrees/master/aerospace-engineering
This College is FAA accredited for Airworthiness Engineering. If you’ve ever wanted a job at Boeing or Nasa this is the place. Embry is world renowned, and I’m ecstatic to share this information with you all. Also, it’s not a race, even if you only take courses part-time, chase your goals. This is a really great option for active-duty members who have a 4-6 year contract.      

When asked about the reputation:

“It is very highly regarded by hiring managers at NASA. At JSC, I would estimate it is either the second or third highest provider of new hires. Texas A&M provides the most. Riddle (ERAU) is either just ahead or just behind the University of Texas. Behind them are Ohio State, Iowa State, and Purdue.
Embry-Riddle partners extensively with the Department of Defense to provide university opportunities for military personal at bases all over the world. The ROTC program is the largest university-based Air Force commissioning source in the US. Only the Air Force Academy provides more commissioned officers and pilots to the Air Force.
Embry-Riddle is the only fully accredited, aviation-oriented university in the world. On a small campus, with a faculty-to-student ratio of 1:13, they merge all aspects of aviation, from airframe and power plant to piloting to engineering to aviation business to aviation safety and meteorology to aircraft control. ERAU provides more college graduate air traffic controllers to the FAA than any other source.
Riddle's aerospace engineering program is the largest in the world (three times the next largest). It's aeronautical science department is also the largest in the world - equal to its next 10 competitors combined.
Six of our astronauts have degrees from ERAU.” -Robert Frost: NASA Astronaut Instructor.
This might not be competency based learning, but it’s a step into a dream career for some.
UMPI- BLS, Minor Management in progress

PierPont- BOG AAS Complete

Future Degree's: JD/IT Management MBA/OMSCS
Future Career's: ( “Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity,”/U.S A/RCFL)

AlvinG Wrote:For those looking into becoming an Engineer, and need a quick paced ABET accredited program from a big name.

It’s 100% online, and they offer 10 undergraduate, and 5 master degrees. They offer an A.S in Engineering fundamentals which is ABET accredited, and listed as a stepping stone into their BSE degree ABET. 
Sessions are 9 weeks in length, and it’s learning at your own pace. Tuition is $450 per credit hour, which is a little pricey, but the veterans rate is $265 per hour!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Before Gi bill) If you went as an average student at the full time rate of 12 credits/semester you’d be at $10,800/Y, or $6,360 for veterans. This would take 5 years total time going steady, but it would allow for practically Zero Debt if using pell grant coupled with working. (Most engineering students take 5 years).

72% acceptance rate, and it appears 12 credit hours+ a 2.0 is transfer entry; Link to A.S https://erau.edu/degrees/associate/engin...ndamentals Link to BSE; https://erau.edu/degrees/bachelor/engineering Link to MS Aerospace engineering; https://erau.edu/degrees/master/aerospace-engineering
This College is FAA accredited for Airworthiness Engineering. If you’ve ever wanted a job at Boeing or Nasa this is the place. Embry is world renowned, and I’m ecstatic to share this information with you all. Also, it’s not a race, even if you only take courses part-time, chase your goals. This is a really great option for active-duty members who have a 4-6 year contract.

Would you happen to know any programs that assist you in getting your PPL, commercial, and eventully your Airline Piolots License that accepts financial aid for the flight labs portion of the degree?
@bcdaron, there was an issue with your post. I removed the excess 'google translation spam'.
Did you check with the financial aid department of any institutions with similar programs?
It may be best to ask the institutions financial aid team as they would most likely have come across students asking this.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-27-2023, 05:45 AM)bcdaron Wrote:
AlvinG Wrote:For those looking into becoming an Engineer, and need a quick paced ABET accredited program from a big name.

Would you happen to know any programs that assist you in getting your PPL, commercial, and eventully your Airline Piolots License that accepts financial aid for the flight labs portion of the degree?
I do!
The more cost effective part 141 structured school is located in Tacoma Washington, Clover Park Technical College. They accept gi benefits, and fafsa. If you’re in-state it’s $14,500 for PPL (65 hours of flight package), $14,500 for instrument rating, and $28,500 for Commercial rating (average). You can do PPL  year 1, instrument year 2, and CPL year 4. It’s not the quickest route, and you’d need to be an in state resident or everything is double cost.
Becoming a pilot is extremely expensive, but it’s ultimately worthwhile. Other than that you can go part 61 at any of your local airports, and PPL would cost $7,500-$10,500 
Instrument should be roughly the same, and CPL should be $20,000. It costs anywhere between $45,000-$65,000 cash to get fully rated usually, and that’s PPL-CFII.

I my self have 30 flight hours, Class 1 medical. I’ll be honest how I secured most of my flight hours. I found the cheapest part 61 school (private company, non-college). Then, went to the cheapest community college I could find and maxed out my student loans for “rent” if you get what I mean. Most people would be perfectly fine with a PPL for hobby/fun. If you’re really wanting to get into a crazy fun sport, look into getting a $7,500 Paramotor, and fly whenever weather permits up to 10,000 feet.

If I were wanting to become a career pilot, I’d do the community college online (cheapest), plus work full-time and dump all my money into flight training(including student loans). This method should take 2-3 years, and you’d likely get an AA-AS. People frown at this, but I’d then use Cape-Air for their 3 year contract and accept the rough pay for twin experience, and they guarantee captain after year 1-2. I’d then transfer from them to AmeriFlight Cargo, and do that until I got on with UPS.
2-3 years training
3 years (building time)
3 years (cargo time/Ups Track)
25 years UPS pilot.

As you can see, it’s a very lengthy process and the initial years you’ll be earning no money and spending it all on training. But, it’s not about the end result. The entire time you’d have fun and fly. The average pilots age is 40, there’s nothing wrong with starting later if eyesight and health permits. 
I personally think 20 years is a good career, and companies like ATP can train you in 7-8 months to CFII, but they want $105,000 CASH. Someone at 40-45 could get rated in as little as 7-8 months and start flying with cape before it has been 1 year.

Is it really at your own pace, or are they just saying that because the classes are asynchronous? I've seen many colleges use the term "self-paced" for their online courses, but the courses have due dates dispersed across the term.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(08-30-2023, 01:06 PM)sanantone Wrote: Is it really at your own pace, or are they just saying that because the classes are asynchronous? I've seen many colleges use the term "self-paced" for their online courses, but the courses have due dates dispersed across the term.

I’m not too certain, but you really don’t want to accelerate too quickly on something like engineering in my opinion. 

I’m at UMPI YourPace right now (management), and so far it’s a class per day pace. I wouldn’t trust me running your business souly off my degree. You do need to trust an engineer to a certain extent entry level.

I will possibly check this program out in the future, because I my self need an ABET degree to get into patent law. I’ve seen the Software Engineering degree at Penn state

Link: https://www.worldcampus.psu.edu/degrees-...nce-degree

Part of me has always desired an engineering degree even if I don’t go directly into that career field. Other than Monterey concerns there’s no rule on how much we’re allowed to learn. This degree is superbly priced for veterans. The space industry is going to keep expanding, I believe a BSE/MSE from Embry-Riddle in Aerospace engineering will really set someone up for success. Directly into Boeing at a minimum.
Mit I believe has an Astrophysicist and Astrospace degree, but it’s mit and very prestigious.

ABET maintains a list of 100% online programs it accredits, some accredited by EAC in engineering, some by other units like TAC in engineering technology.

That scope misses some programs that are ABET but have short residencies (e.g., several engineering fields from the University of North Dakota, mechanical engineering from the University of Alabama), and/or not quite accredited by ABET (short-res civil engineering from Liberty is still in its first cohort and pursuing ABET).
“Earning your degree can be achieved virtually anywhere.
At Embry-Riddle Worldwide, students enjoy flexibility that allows them to pursue their career goals while developing new skills and expertise in an area of interest.

The curriculum is designed to fit into busy lifestyles as ERAU Worldwide offers:

10 start terms for undergraduate classes
5 start terms for graduate courses
The option to accelerate your degree
Flexibility to stagger courses
The campus operates a globally recognized learning system that leverages online and face-to-face instruction and a network of education facilities.

Highlights of our online and on-campus degrees include:

Interactive, scheduled classes using EagleVision, our virtual classroom that combines web video conferencing and learning management system software, Canvas, to maximize the benefits of synchronous learning.

Online classes that are delivered asynchronously and students can plan on spending between 8 and 10 hours per week on course material.

Campuses are located throughout the world, with many on military bases. “

From a quick search, it looks like the acceleration is because they allow you to enter the bachelors and masters at the same time, if wanted.
I’d start off slow and complete the engineering fundamentals associate first.

2016 advertisement: https://youtu.be/F9aUKrVsfA4?feature=shared

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $1350 Patten Bachelors Computer Engineering or Data Science (NA DEAC) spree610 16 2,216 10-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77