Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Elmwood Institute MLM - My Experiences
Hey all, I'm starting September 1st so I thought I would journal how the school is, how the courses are, and general insight into that $900 NA accredited MLM degree. So far they've been great. Very communicative, no hassles, just an easy application with some followup questions and then acceptance. I'm in contact with two people - Laurie the Admissions Director and Cathy the VP of Operations and Registrar.

I am only doing one course for the first term because I do not graduate from my other Master's degree until May, however for Spring term I will have more courses because all I have left to do is defend my thesis which I already have completed.

I will update this once I'm logged in and registered and will let everyone know how it goes from there.
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025
MLM - Elmwood Inst. - May 2025
M.Ed - UoPeople - April 2027

Up Next:
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA

Finished Degrees:
AAS Board of Governors -PC&TC  8/2021
ASBA (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 6 users Like TINASAM's post:
  • allvia, Jonathan Whatley, Leedeedee, ltw900rr, Messdiener, WALLACEMC11
Good luck. I was accepted and am looking to start probably in Oct. I sent an email to Laurie last week regarding the self paced but haven't heard back. Do you know if the "term" ends as you finish the course or does it run the full 16 weeks?
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes darthweezy's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
That I do not know. I meant to send them an email to see if you can blaze through it and then start a new term the following month since you can theoretically start a term in any month. I don't know if you are bound to the 16 weeks or not. If you find out, please post! I may forget to ask again as I'm getting my ducks in a row to start in a little over a week.
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025

Up Next:

Finished Degrees:

Thanks for this post, I'm really interested to hear about the format, the types of assessment and how self paced it is or isn't.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert Computing: London Metropolitan University
Non-Credit Professional Certificates
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: The Open University (UK)***Leading in a Remote Environment: Harvard University***Leadership and Communication: Harvard University***Digital Transformation as a Business and Innovation Strategy: Tec de Monterrey***Prince2 Certified***Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
In Progress
MBA, Digital Transformation: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena 
Planned
PGDip, Public Administration: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena
Just heard back about if you can accelerate:

"Yes, the courses are self-paced so if you are able to finish the course in less than 16 weeks that is perfectly fine. You would just register for your next course(s) in the next available term. "

So I will be accelerating this degree as much as I can while finalizing my other master degree program.
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025

Up Next:

Finished Degrees:

[-] The following 3 users Like TINASAM's post:
  • Leedeedee, Vle045, WALLACEMC11
**post moved to another thread
(08-20-2024, 02:56 PM)cokididwa Wrote: Has anyone requested an evaluation of transfer credits when applying?

(I just finished an edX MicroMasters [University of Canterbury's Organizational Psychology certificate] and am curious if they might consider awarding any credit for similar coursework I recently completed in that program.)

You could ask on the $900 Elmwood MLM thread.... this one is my personal experiences and recounting what it is like to be a student in the program so that others can know about the day to day aspect of it not general questions for the community. Thanks!
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025

Up Next:

Finished Degrees:

[-] The following 2 users Like TINASAM's post:
  • cokididwa, Vle045
Just received my enrollment paperwork to sign and initial. Stated books included in tuition, total tuition $900, etc. etc. copy of the catalog that I was locked in to. Signed and received a copy. All good, progressing to getting logins, registered, paid for my first course, and then start in 11 days.
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025

Up Next:

Finished Degrees:

[-] The following 4 users Like TINASAM's post:
  • allvia, cokididwa, Vle045, WALLACEMC11
Any quizz or exam in the end course? I am very interested in this school, i would like to learn IT bachelor
My experiences are in the Master degree, the bachelor degree is another thread. Thanks!
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025

Up Next:

Finished Degrees:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  James Lind Institute (Switzerland) - legit? wheresbes 9 10,740 10-19-2024, 04:32 PM
Last Post: wow
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 185 22,248 09-22-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Western Institute for Social Research: NA MS & EdD, $8400/yr Subscription-Priced Jonathan Whatley 8 933 04-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: humboldtjake
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 3,179 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
  Looking for UofPeople experiences Notgodot 13 3,894 09-08-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Southwestern College & New Earth Institute (Art Therapy, Consiousness MAs) ashkir 23 4,441 09-01-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Asian institute of management mba soulblader 4 1,010 11-28-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  SRM Institute of Science and Technology - Online Master Offering durain 3 1,045 11-01-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Jack Welch Management Institute Vle045 7 1,431 04-29-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Coursera MBA from Institute of Management Foundation - FIA Business School (FIA) durain 0 1,291 11-10-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: durain