Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest UL Business/ Management elective exams?
Hi all,

My husband is now planning on enrolling at COSC to finish his BS. One of his degree options is Individualized Studies, which would require for him to complete 12 more upper level credits in a new discipline. He has expressed interest in business or management, so I am looking for the best ways for him to test out of it. I never took any of the business exams, so I thought I would ask my knowledgeable IC friends: which upper level exams would be the easiest for him to test out of?

Thanks Smile
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
those are lower level, not upper

eyrobinson Wrote:The two CLEP exams Management and Marketing are pretty easy. I bought the REA Marketing book and Comex Management book to study. I also studied the morning of the exam and got 51 on Marketing and 52 on Management. Big cramming sessions, I barely remember anything. Not really high scores but I still get credit. I just wanted to pass nothing else.
[SIZE="1"]
Excelsior Business Degree finished 6/5/08
Principles Of Management Clep: 72
Principles of Macro-Economics Clep: 58
Business Law Clep: 68
Organizational Behavior ECE: B
Principles Of Accounting Clep : 52
Human Resource Management ECE: C
Ethics ECE: A
Operations Management (Pueblo): A
MIS DSST: A
Info Systems & Computer App Clep: 63
Drug and Alcohol Abuse DSST: A
Principles Of Finance DSST: A
Business Policy TECEP: PASS
Katterina Wrote:Hi all,
I never took any of the business exams, so I thought I would ask my knowledgeable IC friends: which upper level exams would be the easiest for him to test out of?
Katterina,

The available upper level business exams are as follows (ranked easiest to hardest...my opinion only):
  1. Management Information Systems (DSST)
  2. Ethics: Theory & Practice ( ECE)
  3. Human Resource Management (ECE)
  4. Labor Relations (ECE)
  5. Organizational Behavior (ECE)
  6. Business Law II (DSST)
  7. Money & Banking (DSST)

However, I haven't personally taken all of those exams (only MIS, Ethics & Labor Relations) so I could be way off base on the others.

It would probably be very helpful to you if you check out the specific exam feedback for each of those exams; that should help give you an idea of how each exam was perceived by those who have taken them.

Hopefully others can give you their two cents' here as well regarding their experience.

I hope that helps,
JoAnne Smile
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I hadn't even thought of using Ethics.

Darn it, though. I asked COSC about using MIS and they told me they considered it lower level credit, even though ACE recommends it to be upper level. I'll have to ask about the EC exams.
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Katterina Wrote:Thanks! I really appreciate it. I hadn't even thought of using Ethics.

Darn it, though. I asked COSC about using MIS and they told me they considered it lower level credit, even though ACE recommends it to be upper level. I'll have to ask about the EC exams.

Hi Katterina,

Are you certain that they weren't confusing it with CLEP Information Systems? That is a lower level exam.

Just a thought,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=Kiwi Lover]Katterina,

1. Management Information Systems (DSST)
  2. Ethics: Theory & Practice ( ECE)
  3. Human Resource Management (ECE)
  4. Labor Relations (ECE)
  5. Organizational Behavior (ECE)
  6. Business Law II (DSST)
  7. Money & Banking (DSST)

However, I haven't personally taken all of those exams (only MIS, Ethics & Labor Relations) so I could be way off base on the others.

QUOTE]

Organizational Behavior is one of the easier ones. I think that's a DANTE.
CDM Wrote:Organizational Behavior is one of the easier ones. I think that's a DANTE.
CDM,

Just to clarify: there are TWO different Organizational Behavior exams. The DSST Org Beh exam is a lower level exam and very doable just with IC. The ECE version of Org Beh qualifies as an upper level exam, and is more difficult from what I have read in the forum. Wink

Hope that helps,
JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Kiwi Lover Wrote:CDM,

Just to clarify: there are TWO different Organizational Behavior exams. The DSST Org Beh exam is a lower level exam and very doable just with IC. The ECE version of Org Beh qualifies as an upper level exam, and is more difficult from what I have read in the forum. Wink

Hope that helps,
JoAnne Smile

Okay. Sorry!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 480 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 347 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Google Project Management Cert? GoBroncos95 11 885 07-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,461 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 457 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 445 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,788 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 540 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,032 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 711 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77