Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECE Test that cost $95
Hello All,

I'm interested in taking some of Excelsior's ECE test, and I'm wondering if anyone has a list of the specific tests that cost $95 dollars as opposed to $495.00? I have read that there were some, but I haven't seen a list.

Thanks,

Jeff
http://www.excelsior.edu/exams/choose-your-exam

Click on the exam you are thinking of and the price is listed. Most exams are now $95.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
Thank you very much Mr. Sinclair, that was very helpful. Thus far I've only taken one ECE (English Comp.) and it was pretty expensive so I assumed that they were all the same price, but at only $15 dollars more than the Cleps and DSSTs, I will definitely look into taking some of the ECEs.
Keep in mind that ECEs are harder than CLEPs and DSSTs...
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Westerner Wrote:Keep in mind that ECEs are harder than CLEPs and DSSTs...

Very true indeed....
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current:
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
anybody know the "retest waiting period" if you fail an exam

and how many times you're allowed to take an exam
bluebooger Wrote:anybody know the "retest waiting period" if you fail an exam

and how many times you're allowed to take an exam

From here: https://my.excelsior.edu/documents/78666...75bbe7f430

You may take all UExcel
Â
exams up to four times
total, but no more than three times in a given year.
You may repeat the exam 60 days after your first
attempt and 120 days after second and subsequent
attempts. The procedure for reregistering for and
retaking the exam is the same procedure you used
to take the exam originally.
BS Liberal Arts progress - 105/120
Westerner Wrote:Keep in mind that ECEs are harder than CLEPs and DSSTs...

What exactly makes them harder; is there less time allotted, are there more questions, or are the questions just harder?
sumjeff Wrote:What exactly makes them harder; is there less time allotted, are there more questions, or are the questions just harder?

Excelsior exams are based on a single textbook, so it's common for questions to come directly from a specific paragraph or diagram in the assigned reading. With CLEPs, they tend to recommend 8 or 10 books that all cover the same general material, so you'll never see that happen.

DSSTs tend to be set up in such a way that, depending on the test, you might have to get anywhere from 35% to about 65% of the questions correct to get a passing grade. There's a PDF which shows the percentages for different exams.

http://getcollegecredit.com/assets/pdf/D...coring.pdf

Excelsior exams, in contrast, always require 70% to pass. I attend Excelsior, and they assign grades to the exams, so a 70% would get you a C. You need 90% to get out with an A on any exam. Your school may or may not assign a grade for them though.

Any individual question might not be more difficult, but the test on the whole is, in my experience.
BS Liberal Arts progress - 105/120
Leebo Wrote:Excelsior exams, in contrast, always require 70% to pass. I attend Excelsior, and they assign grades to the exams, so a 70% would get you a C. You need 90% to get out with an A on any exam. Your school may or may not assign a grade for them though.

I don't think this is accurate. I have seen posts where someone scored in the 60% range on a Uexcel and passed. I have seen posts in the 80% range scoring an A. I got an A on a Uexcel, and I did not get 90% correct.

I do agree that these tests are a little harder than CLEPs and DSSTs, and they are often based on specific texts, but I disagree that these tests are set up as 70%=pass, 90%=A.

Edited to add: here is a thread about this topic: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ystem.html
The last post says 67% correct got this person a B.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 212 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  It Costs Over $10 Million in Opportunity Cost to Go to College LevelUP 7 953 05-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 452 04-26-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test score rogeryoung 4 472 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 423 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 761 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  GCU fined for misleading cost estimates clep3705 2 485 11-03-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,020 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  50 States - Average cost of college 2023 bjcheung77 1 531 08-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New poll shows that majority of Americans now think college isn't worth the cost LevelUP 11 1,427 04-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Last Post: ss20ts