Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC and CCAF (English)
I am working on my CCAF and will be going to EC as soon as I complete my AS. Will EC except my english clep if I complete my CCAF? If I understand correctly, EC will accept all 60 applied to the CCAF. Does that include english clep with or without essay?

I don't want to pay the annaul fee at EC. Can I just take one class at EC? IE english.
Passed:

DSSTs
Here's to Your Health-LL 3, Lifespan Dev.-LL 3,Principles of Public Speaking-LL 3

CLEPs
College Comp Modular-LL 3 01-Jul-10, Freshman Comp-LL 6, College Math-LL 6, Humanities-LL 6, Information Systems & Computer Applications-LL 3

Human Resource Mgmt A.A. (CCAF):patriot:
General Studies B.S. AMU (Currently working on)banghead
Your English question falls into somewhat of a gray area. I think it has been discussed before on this forum. Here's what I know.

Excelsior will evaluate your credits (as it does for anyone else). The CLEP examination (with or without essay) does not meet the English requirements at Excelsior. Excelsior has a policy that if you can provide documentation that you have satisified the written requirement at a properly accredited institution of higher learning, it will satisfy theirs. I'm not clear, however, if that trumps the CLEP restriction. I'm also not clear if that applies if the degree you have earned elsewhere is an Associates and the degree you're earning at Excelsior is a Bachelors.

I wouldn't sweat the English issue too much. Excelsior has a 6 credit English Composition examination that satisfies their written requirements, and is free for military personnel.

I don't know of any situation where Excelsior waives their Student Services Annual Fee. It is reduced for military personnel to $70 if you take at least 12 credits worth of courses towards a Bachelors at Excelsior. You are not required to take any courses at Excelsior. However, if you do not take the minimum number of credits required for the discounted annual fee, the fee reverts to the standard amount.
I'm also working on this issue. I just submitted my CCAF transcript to use the AU-ABC program where they take the 60 credits from CCAF and only require another 60. If you look at the degree breakout for the AU-ABC on Excelsior's page, it shows that Eng is completed and 0 hours remain, so if you did it with CLEP essay or not, they have agreed to take the credits albeit under *that* degree plan, so if you were to change majors, you might be out of luck but this shows that under your AFSC CCAF degree, you don't need any additional English. Of course, I only just sent them my transcript and am already having trouble discussing the AU-ABC thing with the advisors so we'll see how that works out... More to follow, but take note of this AU-ABC page for yours and their reference...
https://www.excelsior.edu/Excelsior_Coll...e_Plan.pdf
RobTACP Wrote:I'm also working on this issue. I just submitted my CCAF transcript to use the AU-ABC program where they take the 60 credits from CCAF and only require another 60. If you look at the degree breakout for the AU-ABC on Excelsior's page, it shows that Eng is completed and 0 hours remain, so if you did it with CLEP essay or not, they have agreed to take the credits albeit under *that* degree plan, so if you were to change majors, you might be out of luck but this shows that under your AFSC CCAF degree, you don't need any additional English. Of course, I only just sent them my transcript and am already having trouble discussing the AU-ABC thing with the advisors so we'll see how that works out... More to follow, but take note of this AU-ABC page for yours and their reference...
https://www.excelsior.edu/Excelsior_Coll...e_Plan.pdf

I assumed I would be fine. (from what I understood). thank you. I don't want to waste my time on the CLEP if I can't use it. Let me know!!!

Thanx!Smile
Passed:

DSSTs
Here's to Your Health-LL 3, Lifespan Dev.-LL 3,Principles of Public Speaking-LL 3

CLEPs
College Comp Modular-LL 3 01-Jul-10, Freshman Comp-LL 6, College Math-LL 6, Humanities-LL 6, Information Systems & Computer Applications-LL 3

Human Resource Mgmt A.A. (CCAF):patriot:
General Studies B.S. AMU (Currently working on)banghead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,830 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS FrHaseKopf 19 8,072 04-22-2023, 01:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 906 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind
  English 2 Jennr2z 2 733 05-28-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 981 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English Language Teaching through to 2023 bjcheung77 0 675 12-05-2021, 01:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Searching for online - ideally self-paced - English 101/102 Courses thephdbalance 8 1,997 08-13-2021, 03:02 PM
Last Post: thephdbalance
  Earned Admission ASU English Comp 2 rlw74 2 1,188 05-05-2021, 07:16 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  ASU English 101 amomwholearns 10 2,302 01-03-2021, 11:00 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,638 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty