Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Degree and ACE Transcript
Glen, any updates on the transfer?

My Update: I got my final grade score and passed with a B.

Instructor sent me this message, which I thought was nice:

Thank you so much for all of your hard work the past few weeks

Steven Scott

Online Instructor

I have now requested the credits via ACE.
I will keep you posted.
Working on my BABA in Marketing from UMPI.
Check out my path & progress here!
Credits are still pending.

Jordan from Dream Degree called today (out of the blue), super nice lady. She didn't give an estimated time on when the credits will be in from Ace (I didn't really pressure her for an answer, it was more of an "credits are pending, but one of your students already gave me the lowdown on what's going on with them." I'm not too concerned because part of me still thinks this is too good to be true.

She said English Comp I will be beginning in January and that there's one other student who will be doing it.

Will keep you posted.

Also, she doesn't know what Aleks is, but she says it sounds awesome and wishes she would have known about it when she was pursuing a degree.
Heh.

Also she didn't know TESC was changing to University Status in January and seemed super excited about that.
She had never heard of tesc before I clued her in. She tried reaching out to me last week but I want to see what happens with your credits first.
inkleind Wrote:Yeah, I know it. I want to take advantage of a pell grant though. Seems like going local cc is the best way to do that.

You can also use your Pell grant for meeting the tuition requirements at Excelsior and (probably the others) Pell paid for six of the EC credits I have on my transcript, you might get more value for money at a CC but if speed it what you are after then the big three will accept more exams than any CC. If you enrolled in one of the big three and Pell Granted six credits there you would meet half your requirements for residency and if you qualified for the following semester you could meet the requirements using your Pell and meanwhile test out of tons more credits.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
inkleind Wrote:She had never heard of tesc before I clued her in. She tried reaching out to me last week but I want to see what happens with your credits first.

Really? That's crazy...

They have not given me credit yet!
yeah I'm worried they're going to hold them hostage until they get paid for you enrolling in one of their "partner" colleges
inkleind Wrote:yeah I'm worried they're going to hold them hostage until they get paid for you enrolling in one of their "partner" colleges

I sort of had this feeling so that is why I opted out of the program. However, you can pay $99 if you decide not to enroll in a partner college and will still get credit. Seems easier to just go that route. But then it wouldn't truly be free. Very affordable tho!

Edit - Here are the terms and conditions verbatim :
Should students choose to take their credits to a school not part of the ACE CREDIT’s College and University Network, they must arrange transfer approvals themselves, then simply pay a nominal fee of $33.00 for DreamDegree credit earned in order to have their First-Year-Free transcript sent.
I enjoy the courses and also enjoy that it's not proctored. I don't mind paying $100... especially if it meant they'd let me do them all fast and not have to screw around waiting for the next available free course, however they charge $300 for their courses through Low Cost Gen Ed; I wonder if I should contact them and ask them if I could claim their $99 offer per course and pay now for the additional courses I would have taken through SL and Clep/DSST? Hummm.
Has there been any word on credits posting? My class is supposed to start next week :/
Completed since 10/30/15:
Saylor: Principles of Marketing | Principles of Management
Free: Kaplan PLA | Cybersecurity for Everyone | Cybersecurity for Business | CPCU Ethics
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra | College Algebra | Pre-Calculus | Intro to Stats |
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Religion | Accounting I | Microeconomics
Next up: TECEP Psychology of Women
I too am curious to hear of any success with this...
Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Open College @ Kaplan University
Completed
April 2016

Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University now Purdue University
In Progress
32 out of 60 credits earned

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 407 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,469 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 347 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,712 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,190 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 4 951 07-30-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,364 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,587 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 748 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,900 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema