Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does InstantCert Only have flashcards?
I signed up for InstantCert tonight, is the only study material they provide the flashcards? I am VERY disappointed. I am taking a test tomorrow, I thought there would be more help than just flash cards.
Pretty much. A few of the courses have audio in the .mp3 format, but they're just readings of the flashcards. College Algebra has videos. I've passed a lot of tests just using the flashcards. Someone is going to tell you that your subscription comes with access to the Specific Exam Feedback forum where people tell you what to study, so I might as well do it. Some threads might even have study guides with the definitions and explanations already written out for you. I haven't found much use for it, but others have.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Is there a way to bring them up without the blanks? I'm studying for a Dante's that I'm taking tomorrow, and this seems like a terrible way to study. To be honest, I'm disappointed.
Just don't enter anything and click through to see the answer. That's what a lot of people do.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
The first few times you go through and click through to see the answers. Then you can start to go back and see if you can fill in the blank. However, I like to do the flash cards first and try to give the answers because it tells me what I need to study and what I know.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

I'm not a big fan of the flashcards but I HEART the specific feedback forum!
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
The flashcards don't work for me either, they work for others but studying fill-in-the-blank flashcards to prepare for a multiple choice test just doesn't jive for me.

What does work for me is reading the study guides that people share to prepare for exams.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
I don't know what to do now . . . I feel discouraged going into tomorrow. UGH!
If you waited until the day before the exam to start studying maybe you need to reschedule. And give yourself some actual time to study.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
If this is Principle of Supervision, I'd relax going into it; a lot of the situations will be common-sense, and the test is regularly ranked among the easier ones.

As for the flashcards; I wouldn't rely on them solely, but they are very good at helping reinforce concepts so that they are second nature. Their usefulness tends to vary; they've definitely helped me improve for US History I, but I thought they were sorta useless for Ethics, although by the time I started trying the flashcards I had absorbed most of the material from the feedback thread that I was bored going through the flashcards.

Good luck on the test tomorrow if you do decide to take it; I wouldn't overthink this nor would I freak out about it. Take the full time they give you, which is over an hour I believe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Instant Cert Flashcards Adv. Eng. Comp Carnation 0 1,015 07-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  CAMS Certification Test Flashcards Wanted Johmford 0 1,711 07-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  InstantCert Flashcards: Uexcel Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior jthatcher50 0 1,689 08-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Last Post: jthatcher50
  Why can't I log in to InstantCert to access the flashcards? yanni805 1 1,911 05-18-2017, 12:12 AM
Last Post: moezsheikh
  InstantCert for US History 1 Silly_Me 5 2,748 05-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Copy Paste Flashcards as Notes for Proctored? SL humbleAMG 5 1,483 01-31-2017, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Nixi
  Different answer for same question on REA and InstantCert LisaSC 1 1,299 08-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Western Civ 1 Instantcert problems Jesusfreak97 6 1,420 06-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Jesusfreak97
  Where can I find the bookmarks button for my Instantcert flashcards? cobhc100 1 1,069 06-02-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: alzee
  InstantCert Discount Code MrsHall 0 1,551 05-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Last Post: MrsHall