Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Everyone Know What The Search Function IS?????
The questions you have (mine included), for the most part, have been asked a hundred times before. Do everyone a favor, including yourself, and use the search function. It will instantly give you the answer you seek and keep the rest of us from reading the same questions over and over and over and over...ect
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
I agree. However, there is also a chance that someone will have something new to add to the already abundant information found on the site. There are answers that remain the same, but some things always change as well.
TESC BA Social Sciences (Completed Feb 09)
Up next: Masters In Education/Adult Education and Training
25 Fema Credits -done Big Grin
Cleps taken:
Human Growth & Dev - passed
Intro to Ed Psych - passed
Sociology - passed
Analyz & Int Lit-passed
English w/essay-passed
Princ of Acct-passed Smile
Organizational Behavior-passed
Intro to Computing-passed
Ethics in America DSST-passed
Intro to World Religions-passed
Technical Writing-passed
Anthropology-passed
Social Science & History-passed
Humanities-passed:eek:
Substance Abuse-passed
Civil War and Reconstruction-passed :eek:
Psychology of Women TECEP- passed
I agree that we have to find a balance--definitely more people could be making use of the 'search' function, and if necessary, asking their question in an already established thread.

I'm looking into some ways to reorganize the forum; it's been a huge success, but if it continues in this direction, it's going to be hard to find useful information versus finding the same question being asked over and over...
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
I would have to say its smarter to make a new thread when you want advice on an upcoming test. The older threads may help as well (as i have found useful as well), but like iwannapass said, someone may have new information to provide. Just like my threads (that are quite recent) have gained info that is not on any of the past threads. Let us not forget, that its not just advice, but support, that you will receive when you talk on this forum and i think that is most important.

So, in short, the search function helps. But it is better to make a new thread for that 'fresh' info and support. That is,as long as the same question isnt on the front two pages where you can chime in as well. ^^
.-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-.
100 CLEP Credits (All 13 CLEP Tests Taken Without IC)
25 DSST Credits (All 5 DSST Tests Taken With IC)
30 ECE Credits (All 6 ECE Tests Taken With IC)
27 Credits From University (Two Classes Total)
0 Remaining
Graduated from Evergreen in 8 Months w/ 182 credits.
Currently pursuing a Masters in Education at UW.

.-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-..-'-.
Both you and iwannapass bring good points, allow me to clarify. The posts that I'm referring to start like this... "I'm taking XXXX test, does anyone have any pointers/advice/give me answers on the test" ect ect.

When one reads these posts, it is clear that little to no effort went into researching whether there was existing information available on the forum. It just seems that some wish to start threads just for the sake of posting. In turn, it waters down the forum with pep talks verses "meat and potato" information people need to prepare for/pass tests.

Just my 2 cents worth anyway. I'm off to post a new thread myself now, I think I'll ask all what the easiest/hardest CLEP test is... haven't seen that one in a while.Big Grin Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Very funny hilarious. I understand what you all are saying. I guess that's why when I started, no one responded to my posts Sad It's then that I realized how valuable the search function is. I have noticed lately that most people will do their search before they do post. If not, someone is always there to remind them to try that function first. I also have noticed that some people will only give there 2 cents when the question is asked vs. just posting their personal feedback. Anyway we all have good points but with the specific amount of tests that are out there, there are but so many questions that are going to be asked that won't end up the same in the long run. Thanks for the posting!!
TESC BA Social Sciences (Completed Feb 09)
Up next: Masters In Education/Adult Education and Training
25 Fema Credits -done Big Grin
Cleps taken:
Human Growth & Dev - passed
Intro to Ed Psych - passed
Sociology - passed
Analyz & Int Lit-passed
English w/essay-passed
Princ of Acct-passed Smile
Organizational Behavior-passed
Intro to Computing-passed
Ethics in America DSST-passed
Intro to World Religions-passed
Technical Writing-passed
Anthropology-passed
Social Science & History-passed
Humanities-passed:eek:
Substance Abuse-passed
Civil War and Reconstruction-passed :eek:
Psychology of Women TECEP- passed

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North Carolina Opportunity Search High_Order1 2 873 03-26-2017, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rebel100
  ACE new course search? High_Order1 1 713 06-15-2016, 08:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need help using Ctrl+F Search function with Ebooks on Straighterline Exams Limeyswife 3 2,624 04-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Last Post: mrpower
  English Comp II question (I did search & don't see an answer) Mamasaphire 8 1,191 10-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Mamasaphire
  College Algebra "Graph Function Module" help! purp!chickpot822 2 599 07-21-2015, 10:11 AM
Last Post: purp!chickpot822
  Course search help Prloko 0 693 04-15-2015, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Extremely frustrated with the search on this site. Looking for "college mathematics" akulbe 12 1,553 05-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Last Post: andrewtn
  Search Engine Tricks? Icanstudy 7 1,451 03-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Last Post: hornj
  This forum has a search feature...give it a try Joel 36 4,361 03-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Last Post: jadechow
  in search of electives for Excelsior kati02 0 736 03-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Last Post: kati02