Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diving in...but got major questions...(Fin Aid, Which School, Fees, etc)
I'm going to post a few questions today, and I hope they fall in the appropriate forums.

I finished an AT degree in Broadcast Technology. It's a trade school that just went from a 1 through 4 clock-hour grading system to a GPA-based, credit-hour, grading system in my last semester.

I want to work towards a BA in Communications - preferably with a Journalism or Media Major.

I haven't had anything near $75 to rub together to apply in the last few weeks to any of the "Big Three" here, but it looks like I will soon. I know I am still eligible for Pell, but for some reason I didn't receive a second-year loan from Sallie Mae which left me and my son in a dire situation. We got through it, but I don't want to experience that again.

What I am looking for is:

1. A school that will allow my BA in Communications - Journalism or Media Major to transfer into a school such as Gonzaga or UMissouri who have online masters programs in that field. Or USC's writing program...drool...

2. Fast and attentive Financial Aid. Who is best for disbursements? How did you juggle your Pell and Loans? TESC is SO expensive immediately - but they seem to have the most of what I want and have to offer them to get a BA.

3. Accepts life-learning or a resume and reel. (Optional...I know it's a long-shot)

4. CLEP friendly - which seems to be universal with the three...but now and then I read something that says otherwise.

5. Doesn't charge massive fees for CLEP, graduation, or out-of-state.

6. I've utterly broke for a while, but I want to get this thing rolling. What are the immediate out-of pocket expenses you've paid before even starting one class or test? I'm not military, so I cannot get an application fee waiver...but if you have tips on waivers and getting some free shwag from a school that really wants you, what did you do?

I know a LOT of this is covered in the forums, and I am so saturated and overwhelmed, I really just need to put all that info in one place. So, sorry for the repetitious questions, but it's a sanity thing at this point

I want to start ASAP, but am happy to wait until next semester.

Thank you, thank you!

Oh! If you have a different college you want to tell me about, I am allll ears!
Replied to this in the EC forums.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
I want to start ASAP, but am happy to wait until next semester.

chanel sunglasses/chanel/coach
Just a tip, investigate FEMA IS, NFA, ALEKS, and Straighterline to save some money on whatever you don't CLEP. ALEKS and NFA are essentially free and approved by ACE; therefore, transferring should be no problem and you can squeeze about 19 credits out of those sources for under $100 total, seriously. FEMA is free but only good at a few schools (so transferring is nearly impossible).

All the big three sound great for you except that all of them have substantial yearly/graduation fees. You will need to scrounge up about $1500 in fees alone for TESC or EC. The credit is super cheap, but the singing up and graduating is expensive. I'm afraid I know very little about COSC.
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Med school - anyone interested? Well... bjcheung77 17 626 Yesterday, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Bingbong
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 17 2,848 09-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,332 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Elon Musk is opening a Montessori school in Texas this fall Charles Fout 22 1,713 08-09-2024, 11:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,346 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
Shocked The Secret of Why You Will NEVER Get Into an Ivy League School Part 2 LevelUP 10 1,400 06-27-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Admission to associate/bachelor programs without a high school diploma David1477 10 1,015 06-19-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,900 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  F in high school but 4.0 college gpa Spyrine 4 580 05-18-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: davewill
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,538 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd