Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delay to get a response and not much help
Hey guys, this is my first post here on this forum. I’ve been reading and getting so much info on here. Has anyone been having issues with Jessica to get a response? Every time I send an email it’s doesn’t get answered and I will have to follow up to get a reply but it’s not that helpful. I’m sure they really busy but it seems like others when they have a question Jessica is usually helpful and answers quickly. It’s been difficult just waiting. Thanks
Patience is the key to success at UMPI. Jessica is the only academic advisor and she manages over 400 students so yeah you'll have to wait. What do you need help with? Are you emailing from your MaineStreet account?
Jessica is carrying the entire program on her back. Has no help. She will get back to you eventually.
(09-18-2023, 06:38 PM)Mlee0219 Wrote: Hey guys, this is my first post here on this forum. I’ve been reading and getting so much info on here. Has anyone been having issues with Jessica to get a response? Every time I send an email it’s doesn’t get answered and I will have to follow up to get a reply but it’s not that helpful. I’m sure they really busy but it seems like others when they have a question Jessica is usually helpful and answers quickly. It’s been difficult just waiting. Thanks
She will get back to you. She has an insane amount she has to deal with in all honesty. Without help, I’m surprised she is still there.

If the school was smart, they’d be hiring for other academic coaches right now to help offload some of the work.

You have to be patient, if you want immediate gratification and answer, UMPI ain’t it.
Wow, that's exciting (and a bit concerning too though), they grew from the 150 a few months ago to 400 now?!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I really appreciate all of your responses. It makes sense that there will be a delay in getting a reply. I guess I’m impatient but have been preparing to get admitted for Fall 2 Term but still waiting for one of my transcripts that was not credited since August, the term is coming up soon. I guess I have no choice but to wait. Thanks so much everyone. Barbara hasn’t responded and Jessica points me to Barbara and then Shea tells me to contact Jessica. Sorry just frustrated about my situation with no real answers.
Mine was done a week b4 classes started and some later than that. They will get you right. I was doing the same thing you are. I thought maybe they forgot about me. They haven't and it will get taken care of just in time.
(09-19-2023, 11:55 AM)Mlee0219 Wrote: I really appreciate all of your responses. It makes sense that there will be a delay in getting a reply. I guess I’m impatient but have been preparing to get admitted for Fall 2 Term but still waiting for one of my transcripts that was not credited since August, the term is coming up soon. I guess I have no choice but to wait. Thanks so much everyone. Barbara hasn’t responded and Jessica points me to Barbara and then Shea tells me to contact Jessica. Sorry just frustrated about my situation with no real answers.

Barbara doesn't respond? I have called her several times with no issues. Are you emailing or calling?
(09-19-2023, 05:02 PM)Duneranger Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 11:55 AM)Mlee0219 Wrote: I really appreciate all of your responses. It makes sense that there will be a delay in getting a reply. I guess I’m impatient but have been preparing to get admitted for Fall 2 Term but still waiting for one of my transcripts that was not credited since August, the term is coming up soon. I guess I have no choice but to wait. Thanks so much everyone. Barbara hasn’t responded and Jessica points me to Barbara and then Shea tells me to contact Jessica. Sorry just frustrated about my situation with no real answers.

Barbara doesn't respond? I have called her several times with no issues. Are you emailing or calling?

It seems like Jessica's ability to respond has slowed considerably. I also hope UMPI gets more academic advisors soon.

BA: Psychology - Hoping to transfer credits to TESU or EU
BA: Philosophy - New Lane (in progress)
Future Goal: MA/PhD in Transpersonal Psychology

CLEP: English Comp (69), French I/II (70), Intro to Psych (68) World History I (67), World History II (59), Info Sys (69) 
SOPHIA: Env. Bio, Bio I+Lab, Nutrition
RA Transfer: ~60 Credits 

(09-19-2023, 02:45 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, that's exciting (and a bit concerning too though), they grew from the 150 a few months ago to 400 now?!

No. They weren't at 150 a few months ago. They've been around 400 for a couple of years.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time to Receive Response to Application for Your Pace? SophiaPrincess 15 1,121 05-09-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Pierpont to UMPI Delay Issue mohelena02 5 728 11-26-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Delay Enrollment Until Spring 2023, But Already Applied. Spiderweb21228 2 778 08-06-2022, 11:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No response from UMPI NewatTESU 10 1,785 07-02-2021, 05:34 AM
Last Post: rachel83az